Raktim Bhattacharya received his B.Tech degree from the Indian Institute of Technology in Aerospace Engineering, followed by an M.S. and Ph.D. degree in aerospace engineering from the University of Minnesota. After that, he was a post- doctoral scholar at Caltech in the Department of Control and Dynamical Systems. After Caltech, he joined United Technologies Research Center as a research scientist. Following that, he joined the Aerospace Engineering department of Texas A&M University in 2005 and is currently a full professor. His research interests include robust control and estimation, nonlinear dynamics, robust control, uncertainty quantification, and convex optimization.
- Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, University of Minnesota - (Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States) 2003
- M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, University of Minnesota - (Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States) 2000
- B.T. in Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur - (Kharagpur, India) 1996
- Deshpande, V. M., Bhattacharya, R., & Subbarao, K. (2022). Sensor Placement With Optimal Precision for Temperature Estimation of Battery Systems. 6, 1082-1087.
- Deshpande, V. M., Bhattacharya, R., & Donzis, D. A. (2021). A unified framework to generate optimized compact finite difference schemes. 432, 110157-110157.
- Das, N., & Bhattacharya, R. (2021). Privacy and Utility Aware Data Sharing for Space Situational Awareness From Ensemble and Unscented Kalman Filtering Perspective. 57(2), 1162-1176.
- Deshpande, V. M., & Bhattacharya, R. (2021). Sparse Sensing and Optimal Precision: An Integrated Framework for H2/H∞ Optimal Observer Design. 5(2), 481-486.
- Kim, S., Tadiparthi, V., & Bhattacharya, R. (2021). Computationally Efficient Attitude Estimation with Extended H2 Filtering. 44(2), 418-427.
- Deshpande, V. M., & Bhattacharya, R. (2021). Sparse Sensing Architectures with Optimal Precision for Tracking Multi-agent Systems in Sensing-denied Environments. 00, 1571-1576.
- Deshpande, V. M., & Bhattacharya, R. (2021). Sparse Sensing and Optimal Precision: Robust H∞ Optimal Observer Design with Model Uncertainty. 00, 4105-4110.
- Kim, S., Deshpande, V., & Bhattacharya, R. (2020). ℋ2 Optimized PID Control of Quad-Copter Platform with Wind Disturbance. 00, 839-844.
- Kim, S., Tadiparthi, V., & Bhattacharya, R. (2020). Nonlinear Attitude Estimation for Small UAVs with Low Power Microprocessors. 00, 2593-2598.
- Tadiparthi, V., & Bhattacharya, R. (2020). Robust LQR for Uncertain Discrete-Time Systems using Polynomial Chaos. 00, 4472-4477.
- I-Corps: Multi-Axis Deformable Sensor/Actuator System awarded by National Science Foundation 2017 - 2017
- Hsu, Shao-Chen (2019-08). ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF ROBUST CONTROL FOR LINEAR PARAMETER-VARYING SYSTEMS. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Biswas, Aritra (2017-12). Dynamics and Control of a Planar Tensegrity Robot Arm. (Master's Thesis)
- Kim, Jaewon (2017-08). Design & Control of an Omni-Directional Quad-Rotor. (Master's Thesis)
- Kumari, Deepika (2017-08). A Data-driven Approach to Power System Dynamic State Estimation. (Master's Thesis)
- Saraf, Radhika Shailesh (2017-05). H2 Optimal Sensing Architecture with Model Uncertainty. (Master's Thesis)