The main focus area of the research in our laboratory is (i) chemical synthesis of nanoscale hetero-structures of semiconducting and magnetic materials and (ii) real-time laser spectroscopic investigation of the dynamic electronic and magnetic properties of the nanostructures prepared from (i). Ultimately, we would like to obtain fundamental understanding of how the dynamic optical, electronic and magnetic properties in structurally complex nanoscale materials can be controlled by tuning their chemical and structural parameters. The knowledge obtained from these researches lays fundamental background essential in many practical applications, such as designing nanoscale electronic devices and light energy-harvesting materials.
- Ph.D. in , The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States) 2002
- M.S. in , Seoul National University - (Seoul, South Korea) 1994
- B.S. in , Seoul National University - (Seoul, South Korea) 1992
- Qiao, T., & Son, D. H. (2021). Synthesis and Properties of Strongly Quantum-Confined Cesium Lead Halide Perovskite Nanocrystals. Acc Chem Res. 54(6), 1399-1408.
- Wu, S., Cheng, O., Zhao, B., Hogan, N., Lee, A., Son, D. H., & Sheldon, M. (2021). The connection between plasmon decay dynamics and the surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy background: Inelastic scattering from non-thermal and hot carriers. J Appl Phys. 129(17), 173103-173103.
- Sitapure, N., Qiao, T., Son, D. H., & Kwon, J. (2020). Kinetic Monte Carlo modeling of the equilibrium-based size control of CsPbBr3 perovskite quantum dots in strongly confined regime. Computers & Chemical Engineering. 139, 106872-106872.
- Parobek, D., Meeder, J. R., Puthenpurayil, J., Nippe, M., & Son, D. H. (2020). Breaking the short-range proximity requirement in quantum dot/molecular catalyst hybrids for CO 2 reduction via long-range hot electron sensitization. Journal of Materials Chemistry A. 8(26), 12984-12989.
- Cheng, O., Qiao, T., Sheldon, M., & Son, D. H. (2020). Size- and temperature-dependent photoluminescence spectra of strongly confined CsPbBr 3 quantum dots. Nanoscale. 12(24), 13113-13118.
- Cheng, H., Sheldon, M., & Son, D. H. (2019). 1,000-fold enhancement of light-induced magnetism in plasmonic Au nanoparticles. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 258,
- Qiao, T., & Son, D. H. (2019). Light-assisted cation exchange in CsPbX3 nanocrystals. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 257,
- Dong, Y., Qiao, T., & Son, D. H. (2018). Precise size control of CsPbX3 perovskite quantum dots via thermodynamically controlled synthesis. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 255,
- Parobek, D., & Son, D. H. (2018). Strong sensitized phosporescence in Mn-doped CsPbBr3 perovskite nanocrystals. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 255,
- Dong, Y., Choi, J., Jeong, H., & Son, D. H. (2016). High energy hot electron generated from Mn-doped quantum dots: A new way to enhance photocatalysis. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 251,
- Park, Yerok (2014-12). Plasmonic Enhancement of Mn2+ Luminescence and Application of Temperature-Dependent Mn2+ Luminescence. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Maiti, Sourav (2013-12). Effect of Surface Environment on Energy Relaxation Dynamics in Photo-Excited Nanocrystals. (Master's Thesis)
- Chen, Hsiang-Yun (2012-12). Energy Transfer Dynamics and Dopant Luminescence in Mn-Doped CdS/ZnS Core/Shell Nanocrystals. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Wark, Stacey Elaine (2011-05). Simple Chemical Routes for Changing Composition or Morphology in Metal Chalcogenide Nanomaterials. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Chen, Tai-Yen (2010-12). Electronic and Magnetization Dynamics of Cobalt Substituted Iron Oxide Nanocrystals. (Doctoral Dissertation)