The overall goal of my laboratory is to understand mechanisms regulating inflammation and thereby develop strategies for modulating immune responses. One project focuses on the role of the cytokine thymic stromal lymphopoietin (TSLP) as the master switch in the pathobiology of allergic inflammation and asthma. The role of allergens and respiratory viruses on the induction of TSLP transcription by mast cells and epithelial cells is being studied in vitro and in human subjects.
- Baylor College of Medicine - (Houston, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1977
- Baylor College of Medicine - (Houston, Texas, United States) 1976
- M.D. in Medicine, Wake Forest University - (Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States) 1973
- B.S. in Biology, Wofford College - (Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States) 1969
- McElvaine, A. T., Hawkins-Salsbury, J. A., Arora, V. M., Gladwin, M. T., Goldenring, J. R., Huston, D. P., ... Gbadegesin, R. A (2021). Innovations in MD-only physician-scientist training: experiences from the Burroughs Wellcome Fund physician-scientist institutional award initiative.. J Clin Invest. 131(10), e149948.
- Huston, D. P (2019). Unneutral neutrophils in patients with late-phase allergic reactions.. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 144(1), 46-48.
- Huston, D. P., & Sabato, V (2018). Decoding the Enigma of Urticaria and Angioedema.. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 6(4), 1171-1175.
- Huston, D. P., & Cox, L. S (2014). Evidence-based evaluation for allergies to avoid inappropriate testing, diagnosis, and treatment.. JAMA Intern Med. 174(8), 1223-1224.
- Cromheecke, J. L., Nguyen, K. T., & Huston, D. P (2014). Emerging role of human basophil biology in health and disease.. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 14(1), 408.
- Olmstead, S. M., Venzor, J., & Huston, D. P (1998). Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Suki and Massry’s THERAPY OF RENAL DISEASES AND RELATED DISORDERS. 459-478. Springer US.
- Takatsu, K., Dickason, R. R., & Huston, D. P (1997). Interleukin-5. Growth Factors and Cytokines in Health and Disease. Cytokines. 143-200. Elsevier.
- HUSTON, D. P (1994). DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORY IMMUNOLOGY - PREFACE. IMMUNOLOGY AND ALLERGY CLINICS OF NORTH AMERICA. R13-R13.
- SHEARER, W. T., PAUL, M. E., SMITH, C. W., & HUSTON, D. P (1994). LABORATORY ASSESSMENT OF IMMUNE-DEFICIENCY DISORDERS. IMMUNOLOGY AND ALLERGY CLINICS OF NORTH AMERICA. 265-299.
- Huston, D. P., & Bressler, R. B (1992). Urticaria and angioedema.. Medical Clinics of North America. 805-840. Elsevier bv.
- Goldblatt, D. L., Fouts, A., Valverde-Ha, G., Martinez-Moczygemba, M., Huston, D., Tuvim, M. J., Dickey, B. F., & Evans, S. E. (2021). Aerosolized Toll-Like Receptor Agonists Modulate Type 2 Allergic Inflammation. TP6. TP006 CLINICAL STUDIES OF ALLERGIC AIRWAY DISEASES, LUPUS, AND EOSINOPHILIC DISEASES, American Thoracic Society 2021 International Conference, May 14-19, 2021 - San Diego, CA. 204(1), a1347-a1347.
- Goldblatt, D. L., Valverde Ha, G., Fouts, A., Wali, S., Martinez-Moczygemba, M., Huston, D. P., ... Evans, S. E. (2020). Aerosolized Toll-Like Receptor Agonists Suppress Allergic Inflammation. B101. NEW BIOLOGICAL TREATMENTS FOR ASTHMA, American Thoracic Society 2020 International Conference, May 15-20, 2020 - Philadelphia, PA. 201, a4271-a4271.
- Goldblatt, D. L., Valverde, G., Tkachman, S., Martinez-Mocygemba, M., Huston, D. P., Tuvim, M. J., Dickey, B. F., & Evans, S. E (2019). Aerosolized Toll-Like Receptor Agonists Suppress House Dust Mite Allergic Asthma. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF RESPIRATORY AND CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE. 199,
- FARNAM, K., GALICIA, D., SINGH, S., & HUSTON, D (2008). Clinical Immunophenotypic Heterogeneity of Subclinical T cell Leukemia. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 121(2), S15-S15.
- Berrios-Rivera, J. P., Johnson, M. L., Huston, D. P., & Suarez-Almazor, M. E (2006). Disparities in the use of biologic therapies for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.. ARTHRITIS AND RHEUMATISM. 54(9), S48-S49.
- Academy of Physician-Scientists awarded by Burroughs Wellcome Fund - (Durham, North Carolina, United States) 2019 - 2024
- Health and Public Policy Committee conferred by American Board of Medical Specialties - (Chicago, Illinois, United States) - This lasted until 2016. 2012
- Residency Review Committee for Allergy and Immunology conferred by Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education - (Chicago, Illinois, United States) - This lasted until 2015. 2009
- Board of Directors conferred by American Board of Internal Medicine - (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States) - This lasted until 2013. 2008
- Board of Directors conferred by American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology - (Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States) - This lasted until 2012. 2008