Dr. Taehyun Roh has a broad background in environmental health, with specific training and expertise in toxicology and epidemiology. His current research focus is epidemiological studies of the chronic health effects of drinking water contaminants including arsenic. His earlier research topics include mechanistic toxicological studies across in vitro/in vivo experiments, and exposure and risk assessment of environmental contaminants. He is a Registered Pharmacist in Korea.
- University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2019
- Ph.D. in Human Toxicology, University of Iowa - (Iowa City, Iowa, United States) 2016
- M.Sc. in Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University - (Seoul, South Korea) 2010
- B.Pharm. in Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University - (Seoul, South Korea) 2008
- Khan, M. A., Hira-Smith, M., Ahmed, S. I., Yunus, M., Hasan, S., Liaw, J., ... Smith, A. H. (2020). Prospective cohort study of respiratory effects at ages 14 to 26 following early life exposure to arsenic in drinking water.. Environ Epidemiol. 4(2), e089-e089.
- John, J., Baek, J., Roh, T., Cabrera-Conner, L., & Carrillo, G. (2020). Regional Disparity in Asthma Prevalence and Distribution of Asthma Education Programs in Texas. Journal of Environmental and Public Health. 2020, 9498124-11.
- Eick, S. M., Ferreccio, C., Acevedo, J., Castriota, F., Cordero, J. F., Roh, T., ... Steinmaus, C. (2019). Socioeconomic status and the association between arsenic exposure and type 2 diabetes. ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH. 172, 578-585.
- Chung, B. Y., Choi, S. M., Roh, T. H., Lim, D. S., Ahn, M. Y., Kim, Y. J., Kim, H. S., & Lee, B. (2019). Risk assessment of phthalates in pharmaceuticals. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 82(5), 1-10.
- Roh, T., Steinmaus, C., Marshall, G., Ferreccio, C., Liaw, J., & Smith, A. H. (2018). Age at Exposure to Arsenic in Water and Mortality 30-40 Years After Exposure Cessation.. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF EPIDEMIOLOGY. 187(11), 2297-2305.
- Kim, D. H., Choi, S. M., Lim, D. S., Roh, T., Kwack, S. J., Yoon, S., ... Lee, B. (2018). Risk assessment of endocrine disrupting phthalates and hormonal alterations in children and adolescents. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 81(21), 1-15.
- Lim, D. S., Roh, T. H., Kim, M. K., Kwon, Y. C., Choi, S. M., Kwack, S. J., ... Lee, B. (2018). Non-cancer, cancer, and dermal sensitization risk assessment of heavy metals in cosmetics. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 81(11), 1-21.
- Lim, D. S., Roh, T. H., Kim, M. K., Kwon, Y. C., Choi, S. M., Kwack, S. J., ... Lee, B. (2018). Risk assessment of N-nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) and N-nitrosodiethanolamine (NDELA) in cosmetics. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 81(12), 1-16.
- Lim, D. S., Lim, S. K., Kim, M. K., Kwon, Y. C., Roh, T. H., Choi, S. M., ... Lee, B. (2018). Formation and inhibition of N-nitrosodiethanolamine in cosmetics under pH, temperature, and fluorescent, ultraviolet, and visual light. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 81(9), 1-13.
- Roh, T., De, U., Lim, S. K., Kim, M. K., Choi, S. M., Lim, D. S., ... Lee, B. (2018). Detoxifying effect of pyridoxine on acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity via suppressing oxidative stress injury. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 114, 11-22.