Dr. Taehyun Roh has a broad background in environmental health, with specific training and expertise in toxicology and epidemiology. His current research focus is epidemiological studies of the chronic health effects of drinking water contaminants including arsenic. His earlier research topics include mechanistic toxicological studies across in vitro/in vivo experiments, and exposure and risk assessment of environmental contaminants. He is a Registered Pharmacist in Korea.
- University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2019
- Ph.D. in Human Toxicology, University of Iowa - (Iowa City, Iowa, United States) 2016
- M.Sc. in Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University - (Seoul, South Korea) 2010
- B.Pharm. in Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University - (Seoul, South Korea) 2008
- Dursun, F., Mackay, A., Guzman, J., Wenker, E., Klaassen, Z., O'Malley, P., ... Satkunasivam, R. (2022). Utilization and outcomes of metastasectomy for patients with metastatic urothelial cancer: An analysis of the national cancer database. Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations. 40(2), 61.e21-61.e28.
- Carrillo, G., Roh, T., Baek, J., Chong-Menard, B., & Ory, M. (2021). Evaluation of Healthy South Texas Asthma Program on improving health outcomes and reducing health disparities among the underserved Hispanic population: using the RE-AIM model. BMC Pediatrics. 21(1), 510.
- Roh, T., Han, D., Wang, T., Knappett, P., & Tracy, J. (2021). Estimating the Occurrence of Arsenic in Residential Drinking Water and Population with Potential High Arsenic Exposure in Texas. ISEE Conference Abstracts. 2021(1),
- Roh, T., Shah, N. C., Hasan, N. T., Johnson, N. M., & Carrillo, G. (2020). Arsenic exposure and Measles Antibody Titers in the US Children: NHANES 2003-2004 and 2009-2010.. ISEE Conference Abstracts. 2020(1),
- Hasan, N. T., Shah, N. C., & Roh, T. (2020). Phthalate Exposure and Respiratory Diseases Among Adults and Children: the US NHANES 2007-2016. ISEE Conference Abstracts. 2020(1),
- Roh, T., Steinmaus, C., Ludewig, G., Han, D., & Tracy, J. (2020). GLOBAL PUBLIC HEALTH THREAT FROM ARSENIC IN DRINKING WATER: CURRENT EPIDEMIOLOGICAL EVIDENCE AND FUTURE DIRECTION. Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, GSA 2020 Connects Online.
- Worsening droughts could increase arsenic exposure for some Americans Popular Science June 4, 2021
- Early Exposure To Arsenic Can Lead To Lingering Respiratory Issues In Males Texas A&M Today May 26, 2020