Dr. Taehyun Roh has a broad background in environmental health, with specific training and expertise in toxicology and epidemiology. His current research focus is epidemiological studies of the chronic health effects of drinking water contaminants including arsenic. His earlier research topics include mechanistic toxicological studies across in vitro/in vivo experiments, and exposure and risk assessment of environmental contaminants. He is a Registered Pharmacist in Korea.
- University of California, Berkeley - (Berkeley, California, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2019
- Ph.D. in Human Toxicology, University of Iowa - (Iowa City, Iowa, United States) 2016
- M.Sc. in Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University - (Seoul, South Korea) 2010
- B.Pharm. in Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University - (Seoul, South Korea) 2008
- Moreno-Rangel, A., Baek, J., Roh, T., Xu, X., & Carrillo, G. (2020). Assessing Impact of Household Intervention on Indoor Air Quality and Health of Children with Asthma in the US-Mexico Border: A Pilot Study. Journal of Environmental and Public Health. 2020, 6042146-9.
- Khan, M. A., Hira-Smith, M., Ahmed, S. I., Yunus, M., Hasan, S., Liaw, J., ... Smith, A. H. (2020). Prospective cohort study of respiratory effects at ages 14 to 26 following early life exposure to arsenic in drinking water.. Environmental Epidemiology. 4(2), e089-e089.
- John, J., Baek, J., Roh, T., Cabrera-Conner, L., & Carrillo, G. (2020). Regional Disparity in Asthma Prevalence and Distribution of Asthma Education Programs in Texas. Journal of Environmental and Public Health. 2020, 9498124-11.
- Eick, S. M., Ferreccio, C., Acevedo, J., Castriota, F., Cordero, J. F., Roh, T., ... Steinmaus, C. (2019). Socioeconomic status and the association between arsenic exposure and type 2 diabetes. Environmental Research. 172, 578-585.
- Chung, B. Y., Choi, S. M., Roh, T. H., Lim, D. S., Ahn, M. Y., Kim, Y. J., Kim, H. S., & Lee, B. (2019). Risk assessment of phthalates in pharmaceuticals. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health Part A. 82(5), 1-10.
- Roh, T., Steinmaus, C., Ludewig, G., Han, D., & Tracy, J. (2020). GLOBAL PUBLIC HEALTH THREAT FROM ARSENIC IN DRINKING WATER: CURRENT EPIDEMIOLOGICAL EVIDENCE AND FUTURE DIRECTION. Abstracts with programs (Geological Society of America).