I am primarily a teaching faculty member and also a board certified radiologist. In the past I have spent some time researching the use of computerized applications for detection of calcifications on mammograms, but I am currently devoting all of my time in the neuroscience department to teaching. I am a full time participant and senior faculty member in the medical gross anatomy and neuroscience courses. I also maintain some private practice time in radiology and work in the Office of Student Affairs at the medical school. My current research interests are in the domain of medical education, especially looking at determinants of licensure exam performance.
- M.D. in , The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston - (Galveston, Texas, United States) 1983
- B.A. in Biology, Summa Cum Laude, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1979
- Garcia, G. M., McCord, G. C., & Kumar, R (2003). Hydroxyapatite crystal deposition disease.. Semin Musculoskelet Radiol. 7(3), 187-193.
- Zheng, L., Chan, A. K., McCord, G., Wu, S., & Liu, J. S (1999). Detection of cancerous masses for screening mammography using discrete wavelet transform-based multiresolution Markov random field. Journal of Digital Imaging. 12(S1), 18-23.
- Champney, T. H., McCord, G. C., & Sampson, H. W (1995). Rotation of dissecting groups among different cadavers provides students of anatomy with increased opportunity to observe human variations.. Clin Anat. 8(6), 412-413.
- Mccord, G. C., Hayden, C. K., Swischuk, L. E., Fawcett, H. D., & Rytting, J. E (1986). Urinary tract infections in childhood: a current imaging approach. Radiographics. 6(6), 1023-1038.