- Graduate Faculty, Center for Remote Health Technologies and Systems, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES)
- Associate Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering, College of Engineering
Research in the NeuroErgonomics Lab utilizes theories, methods, and techniques from physiology, biomechanics, neuroscience, psychology, and public health to better understand operator behavior and capabilities when interacting with simple and complex work systems. HF/E investigations involve examining multifactorial causes and consequences of operator stress and fatigue, brain-behavior relationships with changing workforce demographics (aging, obesity), and development of HF/E tools to assess operator health and performance in hazardous work environments.
- Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech - (Blacksburg, Virginia, United States) 2011
- M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech - (Blacksburg, Virginia, United States) 2009
- M.E. in Industrial Engineering, University at Buffalo, State University of New York - (Buffalo, New York, United States) 2006
- B.E. in Production Engineering, University of Mumbai - (Mumbai, Maharashtra, India) 2004
- Hopko, S. K., Khurana, R., Mehta, R. K., & Pagilla, P. R. (2021). Effect of Cognitive Fatigue, Operator Sex, and Robot Assistance on Task Performance Metrics, Workload, and Situation Awareness in Human-Robot Collaboration. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters. 6(2), 3049-3056.
- Aljihmani, L., Kerdjidj, O., Zhu, Y., Mehta, R. K., Erraguntla, M., Sasangohar, F., & Qaraqe, K. (2020). Classification of Fatigue Phases in Healthy and Diabetic Adults Using Wearable Sensor. Sensors (Switzerland). 20(23), 6897-6897.
- Sasangohar, F., Moats, J., Mehta, R., & Peres, S. C. (2020). Disaster Ergonomics: Human Factors in COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Management. Human Factors The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 62(7), 1061-1068.
- Mehta, R. K., Nuamah, J., Peres, S. C., & Murphy, R. R. (2020). Field Methods to Quantify Emergency Responder Fatigue: Lessons Learned from sUAS Deployment at the 2018 Kilauea Volcano Eruption. IISE Transactions on Occupational Ergonomics and Human Factors. 8(3), 1-9.
- Mehta, R. K., & Nuamah, J. (2020). Relationship Between Acute Physical Fatigue and Cognitive Function During Orthostatic Challenge in Men and Women: A Neuroergonomics Investigation.. Human Factors The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 18720820936794-001872082093679.
- Parasuraman, R., & Mehta, R. K. (2015). Neuroergonomic Methods for the Evaluation of Physical and Cognitive Work. Wilson, J. R., & Sharples, S. (Eds.), Evaluation of Human Work. (pp. 609-638). CRC Press.
- Aljihmani, L., Zhu, Y., Abbas, H. T., Mehta, R., Sasangohar, F., Erraguntla, M., Abbasi, Q. H., & Qaraqe, K. (2019). Spectral Analysis of Hand Tremors Induced during a Fatigue Test. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 21ST IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER-BASED MEDICAL SYSTEMS. 00, 658-663.
- Rhee, J., Dillards, T., Nzoiwu, M., & Mehta, R. K. (2017). Effect of Social Stress on Motor Function in Older Adults: an fNIRS Investigation. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 61(1), 31-31.
- Mantooth, W., Zhu, Y., & Mehta, R. K. (2017). Ergonomic Evaluation of Office Furniture on Team Dynamics. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 61(1), 1858-1858.
- Shortz, A. E., Franke, M., Kilic, E. S., Peres, S. C., & Mehta, R. K. (2017). Evaluation of Offshore Shiftwork using Heart Rate Variability. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 61(1), 1036-1039.
- Gonzalez, K., Sasangohar, F., Mehta, R. K., Lawley, M., & Erraguntla, M. (2017). Measuring Fatigue through Heart Rate Variability and Activity Recognition: A Scoping Literature Review of Machine Learning Techniques. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 61(1), 1748-1752.
- RAPID: Human-robotic interactions during Harvey recovery operations awarded by National Science Foundation 2017 - 2019
- Ritchey, Paul Daniel (2017-08). Development and Validation of the Self-report Ergonomic Assessment Tool (SEAT). (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Shortz, Ashley (2015-08). The Impact of Cognitive Fatigue on Age-Related Differences in Neuromuscular Function. (Master's Thesis)
- Osofundiya, Olufunmilola Aduke (2015-05). The Impact of Obesity on Walking and Dual-Task Situations in Older Adults: A Prefrontal fNIRS Study. (Master's Thesis)