- Associate Dean of Faculties, Office of the Dean of Faculties, Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President
- Professor, Plant Pathology and Microbiology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
We apply evolutionary and ecological genetics approaches and questions to a variety of microbial systems. At the most basic level our overarching goal in my program is to elucidate the genetic basis for adaptation and/or how the patterns of associated phenotypes are distributed in nature or across environmental conditions. My strategy in research is not only to directly test hypotheses central to a specific project, but also, to concomitantly build tools and resources necessary to expand and/or redirect the scope of the project as needed due to opportunity, curiosity or both. Such tools include items like databases, well-characterized libraries of biological materials, and experimental skill-sets among personnel.
- Crutcher, F. K., Henry-Gregory, M. A., Wilkinson, H. H., Duke, S. E., Wheeler, T., & Kenerley, C. M. (2018). Characterization of Sclerotinia minor populations in Texas peanut fields. PLANT PATHOLOGY. 67(4), 839-847.
- Chung, D., Upadhyay, S., Bomer, B., Wilkinson, H. H., Ebbole, D. J., & Shaw, B. D. (2015). Neurospora crassa ASM-1 complements the conidiation defect in a stuA mutant of Aspergillus nidulans. MYCOLOGIA. 107(2), 298-306.
- Cope, J. L., Hammett, A., Kolomiets, E. A., Forrest, A. K., Golub, K. W., Hollister, E. B., ... Wilkinson, H. H. (2014). Evaluating the performance of carboxylate platform fermentations across diverse inocula originating as sediments from extreme environments. BIORESOURCE TECHNOLOGY. 155, 388-394.
- Golub, K. W., Forrest, A. K., Wales, M. E., Hammett, A., Cope, J. L., Wilkinson, H. H., & Holtzapple, M. T. (2013). Comparison of three screening methods to select mixed-microbial inoculum for mixed-acid fermentations. BIORESOURCE TECHNOLOGY. 130, 739-749.
- Saengkerdsub, S., Lingbeck, J. M., Wilkinson, H. H., O'Bryan, C. A., Crandall, P. G., Muthaiyan, A., Biswas, D., & Ricke, S. C. (2013). Characterization of isolated yeast growth response to methionine analogs. Journal of Environmental Science and Health Part B. 48(12), 1112-1120.