Leon, Victor individual record
- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Division of Research
- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES)
- Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering, College of Engineering
- Professor, Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution, College of Engineering
education and training
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, Lehigh University - (Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States) 1991
- M.S. in Manufacturing Engineering, University of Massachusetts Boston - (Boston, Massachusetts, United States) 1983
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Pontifical Catholic University of Peru - (Lima, Peru) 1981
- Guo, Y., Huang, M., Wang, Q., & Jorge Leon, V. (2021). Single-Machine Rework Rescheduling to Minimize Total Waiting Time With Fixed Sequence of Jobs and Release Times. IEEE Access. 9, 1205-1218.
- Jornada, D., & Leon, V. J. (2020). Filtering Algorithms for Biobjective Mixed Binary Linear Optimization Problems with a Multiple-Choice Constraint. INFORMS Journal on Computing. (1), 57-73.
- Zhao, T., Hou, I., Leon, V. J., Ray, K., & Wang, J. (2018). An efficient revenue distribution method in a cyber-enabled manufacturing system. Manufacturing Letters. 17, 19-22.
- Jornada, D., & Leon, V. J. (2016). Biobjective robust optimization over the efficient set for Pareto set reduction. European Journal of Operational Research. 252(2), 573-586.
- Beier, E., Venkatachalam, S., Leon, V. J., & Ntaimo, L. (2016). Nodal decompositioncoordination for stochastic programs with private information restrictions. IIE Transactions. 48(3), 283-297.
- Acosta, C., Leon, V. J., Conrad, C. R., & Malave, C. (2010). The Global Engineer. Taylor & Francis.
- Acosta, C., Leon, V. J., Conrad, C., & Malave, C. O. (2009). Global engineering: Design, decision making, and communication. CRC Press.
- Leon, V. J., & Wu, S. D. (1994). Characteristics of computerized scheduling and control of manufacturing systems. Joshi, S. B., & Smith, J. S. (Eds.), Computer control of flexible manufacturing systems. 63-74. Springer Netherlands.
- Leon, V. J., Wu, S. D., & Storer, R. H. (1993). Robust Scheduling and Game-Theoretic Control for Short-Term Scheduling of Job-Shops. Fandel, G., Gulledge, T., & Jones, A. (Eds.), Operations Research in Production Planning and Control. 321-335. Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Leon, V. J., & Jeong, I. (2005). An Improved Group Setup Strategy for PCB Assembly. COMPUTATIONAL SCIENCE AND ITS APPLICATIONS - ICCSA 2005, VOL 4, PROCEEDINGS. 3483, 312-321.
- Kim, S. W., & Leon, V. J. (2004). LP-CICA - Heuristic to improve computational times of single machine distributed scheduling problems. IIE Annual Conference and Exhibition 2004. 201-207.
- Quintana, R., Zepeda, L., Arredondo, R., Jimenez, J., & Leon, V. J. (1997). Similarity measures for PC board grouping. Industrial Engineering Research - Conference Proceedings. 495-500.
- Villalobos, J. R., & Leon, V. J. (1996). Center for electronics manufacturing. Industrial Engineering Research - Conference Proceedings. 596-601.
- Leon, V. J., & Lin, M. (1993). Effect of time lags on sequencing decisions: The two-machine flowshop case. Proceedings of the Industrial Engineering Research Conference. 863-867.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Homrich da Jornada, Daniel (2015-12). Biobjective Optimization over the Efficient Set Methodology for Pareto Set Reduction in Multiobjective Decision Making: Theory and Application. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mohanty, Sankalp (2011-12). Microdrilling of Biocompatible Materials. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Engineering Technology; 3367 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3367