My research focuses on various aspects of technology in teaching and learning mathematics and broader STEM education, ranging from teaching and learning in 3-D simulations and virtual environments, to large-scale school technology studies in Texas.
education and training
- Ma, T., Brown, I. A., Kulm, G., Davis, T. J., Lewis, C. W., & Allen, G. D. (2016). Constructing and Role-Playing Student Avatars in a Simulation of Teaching Algebra for Diverse Learners. Urban Education. 51(5), 534-555.
- Kidd, T., Davis, T., & Larke, P. (2016). Experience, adoption, and technology: Exploring the phenomenological experiences of faculty involved in online teaching at one school of public health. International Journal on E-Learning: Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education. 15(1), 71-99.
- Merchant, Z., Goetz, E. T., Cifuentes, L., Keeney-Kennicutt, W., & Davis, T. J. (2014). Effectiveness of virtual reality-based instruction on students' learning outcomes in K-12 and higher education: A meta-analysis. Computers and Education. 70, 29-40.
- Chien, C., Davis, T., Slattery, P., Keeney-Kennicutt, W., & Hammer, J. (2013). Development of a Virtual Second Life Curriculum Using Currere Model. EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY & SOCIETY. 16(3), 204-219.
- Merchant, Z., Goetz, E. T., Keeney-Kennicutt, W., Cifuentes, L., Kwok, O., & Davis, T. J. (2013). Exploring 3-D virtual reality technology for spatial ability and chemistry achievement. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning. 29(6), 579-590.
- Davis, T. J., Kulm, G., Oner, A. T., Indiogine, S., Goldsby, D. S., & Ma, T. (2015). Preservice teachers’ problem-solving lesson engagement and knowledge and beliefs about teaching for equity. Teaching at Work. (pp. 52-80). SensePublishers.
- Davis, T. J. (2013). Affordances of virtual worlds to support STEM project-based learning. STEM Project-Based Learning an Integrated Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Approach. (pp. 77-83). SensePublishers.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Ortiz, Nickolaus Alexander (2018-05). Planning for Equity: An Examination of Pre-Service Teachers' Culturally Relevant Mathematics Lesson Plans. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Chien, Chih-Feng (2012-05). Proactive Retrospective Installation in Second Life: Using Currere to Explore Educational Perception, Reflection, Understanding and Development of Graduate Students Engaged in Virtual Exhibitions. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Kidd, Terry T. (2011-05). Experience, Adoption, and Technology: Exploring the Phenomenological Experiences of Faculty Involved in Online Teaching at One School of Public Health. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Teaching, Learning And Culture (Tlac); 4232 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4232