My research interests include the adoption, use, management, and implementation of information technology in organizational settings. In particular, I am interested in how organizations give incentive to their employees to use IT in their work.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Information and Management Sciences, Florida State University - (Tallahassee, Florida, United States) 1999
- M.S. in Accounting Information Systems, Brigham Young University - (Provo, Utah, United States) 1994
- B.S. in Accounting, Brigham Young University - (Provo, Utah, United States) 1994
- Vest, J. R., & Jasperson, J. S. (2012). How are Health Professionals Using Health Information Exchange Systems? Measuring Usage for Evaluation and System Improvement. JOURNAL OF MEDICAL SYSTEMS. 36(5), 3195-3204.
- Vest, J. R., Gamm, L. D., Ohsfeldt, R. L., Zhao, H., & Jasperson, '. S. (2012). Factors Associated with Health Information Exchange System Usage in a Safety-Net Ambulatory Care Clinic Setting. JOURNAL OF MEDICAL SYSTEMS. 36(4), 2455-2461.
- Vest, J. R., Jasperson, '. S., Zhao, H., Gamm, L. D., & Ohsfeldt, R. L. (2011). Use of a health information exchange system in the emergency care of children. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making. 11(1), 78.
- Vest, J. R., Zhao, H., Jaspserson, '., Gamm, L. D., & Ohsfeldt, R. L. (2011). Factors motivating and affecting health information exchange usage. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 18(2), 143-149.
- Vest, J. R., & Jasperson, J. (2010). What should we measure? Conceptualizing usage in health information exchange. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 17(3), 302-307.
- Schwarzkopf, A. B., Saunders, C., Jasperson, J. S., & Croes, H. (2004). Strategies for Managing IS Personnel. Magid Igbaria, .., & Conrad Shayo, .. (Eds.), Strategies for Managing IS/IT Personnel. (pp. 37-63). IGI Global.
- Jasperson, J., Denna, E. L., & Perry, L. T. (2000). Closing the Business Process Reengineering Gap: Using the REAL Framework to Identify, Define, and Understand Business Processes. Process Think: Winning Perspective for Business Change in the Information Age. (pp. 190–208-190–208). IGI Global.
- Denna, E. L., Perry, L. T., & Jasperson, J. S. (1995). Reengineering and REAL Business Process Modeling. Grover, V., & Kettinger, W. (Eds.), Business Process Change Concepts, Methods, and Technologies. (pp. 350-375). IGI Global.
- Vest, J., & Jasperson, J. (2010). Routine and novel search patterns in a health information exchange.
- Shaft, T., Albert, L., & Jasperson, J. (2004). A Longitudinal Study of Information Systems Developers' Understanding of Software Development Concepts During a Transition from Structured to Object-Oriented Development. 1620-1630.
- Saunders, C. S., Carte, T. A., Jasperson, J., Croes, H., Zheng, W., & Butler, B. S. (2000). Power and Information Technology: A Review Using Metatriangulation. 339–350-339–350.
- Jasperson, J., Sambamurthy, V., & Zmud, R. W. (1999). Social Influence and Individual IT Use: Unraveling the Pathways of Appropriation Moves. 113–118-113–118.
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Dept Of Information & Operations Management; 4217 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4217