Dr. Ng's research is mainly focused on the interstices of strategic management and agribusiness. A focus of Dr. Ng's research program is to examine strategic issues at multiple levels of analysis that span intra-firm, firm, inter-firm and market level processes. This involves drawing from varied disciplinary areas that include management, psychology, sociology and evolutionary thinking; including complex system perspectives.
- M.S. in Agricultural Economics, McGill University - (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - (Urbana, Illinois, United States) 2001
- B.S. in Agricultural Economics, University of British Columbia - (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Ng, D., & Litzenberg, K. (2019). Overcoming disciplinary divides in higher education: the case of agricultural economics. Palgrave Communications. 5(1), 26.
- Ng, D., Sánchez-Aragón, L., & Huseynov, S. (2019). Seek and you shall find: the role of exploitive and explorative search in a biotechnology firm’s patent claims. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review. 22(3), 321-337.
- Ng, D. W., & Chen, L. (2016). Learning to learn: A case for the heterogeneous expectations hypothesis in industrialized markets. International Journal on Food System Dynamics. 7(3), 196-212.
- Ng, D. (2015). Entrepreneurial overconfidence and ambiguity aversion: dealing with the devil you know, than the devil you don't know. Technology Analysis and Strategic Management. 27(8), 946-959.
- Ng, D. (2013). Seeing through the fog of ambiguity: Entrepreneurial judgments under decision settings of complexity. Human Systems Management. 32(1), 57-66.
- <suffix>Jr.</suffix>, H., Ng, D., & Klein, P. G. (2016). Complexity, novelty, and ethical judgement by entrepreneurs. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Venturing. 8(2), 170-195.
- Ng, D. W., James, H., & Klein, P. G. (2012). Doing the Right Entrepreneurial Thing: Ethical Decision Making Under Uncertainty. Academy of Management Proceedings. 2012(1), 14471-1096.