My research focuses on branding, effective event marketing, sporting events, and sport marketing.
education and training
- Ed.D. in Health and Human Performance, Auburn University - (Auburn, Alabama, United States) 1997
- M.S. in Health and Human Performance, University of Tennessee at Knoxville - (Knoxville, Tennessee, United States) 1993
- B.S. in Education, Tennessee Technological University - (Cookeville, Tennessee, United States) 1988
- Yu, B. o., Brison, N. T., & Bennett, G. (2022). Why do women watch esports? A social role perspective on spectating motives and points of attachment. COMPUTERS IN HUMAN BEHAVIOR. 127, 107055-107055.
- Oshiro, K. F., Brison, N., & Bennett, G. (2021). Personal branding project in a sport marketing class. Journal of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport & Tourism Education. 28, 100308-100308.
- Hussain, U., Yu, B. o., Cunningham, G. B., & Bennett, G. (2021). “I Can be Who I Am When I Play Tekken 7”: E-sports Women Participants from the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Games and Culture. 16(8), 978-1000.
- Bennett, G., Keiper, P., & Dixon, M. (2020). Why Can’t We All Just Get Along? The Conflict between School and Club Sports in the United States. Quest. 72(1), 85-101.
- Lobpries, J., Bennett, G., & Brison, N. (2018). How I Perform is Not Enough: Exploring Branding Barriers Faced by Elite Female Athletes. Sport Marketing Quarterly. 27(1), 5-17.
- Brown, B. L., Cohen, A., & Bennett, G. (2012). Using Motivational Theories to Enhance Attendance. Res Q Exerc Sport. 83, A92-A92.
- Ballouli, K., Hutchinson, M., & Bennett, G. (2010). Assessing the Economic Impact of a Nonprofit State Sports Festival. Res Q Exerc Sport. 81(1), 94-95.
in the news
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Brown, Sarah M (2020-08). Let's Get Virtual: Measuring Virtual Influencer's Endorser Effectiveness. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Wakefield, Lane Taylor (2016-08). Why Do I Want to Be Your Friend? Engaging with Brands in Ephemeral Media. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Pederson, Joseph Arthur (2016-08). It's Not What You Tweet but How You Tweet It: An Experiment of Orientation, Interactivity, and Valence in Twitter. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lobpries, Jami Nicole (2014-08). Exploring Brand Identity Creation of Female Athletes: The Case of Jennie Finch and Cat Osterman. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Brown, Brandon Leigh (2013-08). Addressing the lack of Baseball Consumption amongst African Americans. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Health And Kinesiology; 4243 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4243