My research focuses on branding, effective event marketing, sporting events, and sport marketing.
education and training
- Ed.D. in Health and Human Performance, Auburn University - (Auburn, Alabama, United States) 1997
- M.S. in Health and Human Performance, University of Tennessee at Knoxville - (Knoxville, Tennessee, United States) 1993
- B.S. in Education, Tennessee Technological University - (Cookeville, Tennessee, United States) 1988
- Bennett, G., Keiper, P., & Dixon, M. (2020). Why Can’t We All Just Get Along? The Conflict between School and Club Sports in the United States. Quest. 72(1), 1-17.
- Wakefield, L. T., & Bennett, G. (2018). Sports fan experience: Electronic word-of-mouth in ephemeral social media. SPORT MANAGEMENT REVIEW. 21(2), 147-159.
- Lobpries, J., Bennett, G., & Brison, N. (2018). How I Perform is Not Enough: Exploring Branding Barriers Faced by Elite Female Athletes. Sport Marketing Quarterly. 27(1), 5-17.
- Lobpries, J., Bennett, G., & Brison, N. (2017). Mary Ann to her Ginger: comparing the extended brand identity of two elite female athletes. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship. 18(4), 347-362.
- Bennett, G. (2017). Building a Strong New Media Brand: The Case of TexAgs.com. Sport Marketing Quarterly. 26(3), 153-167.
- Brown, B. L., Cohen, A., & Bennett, G. (2012). Using Motivational Theories to Enhance Attendance. RESEARCH QUARTERLY FOR EXERCISE AND SPORT. 83, A92-A92.
- Ballouli, K., Hutchinson, M., & Bennett, G. (2010). Assessing the Economic Impact of a Nonprofit State Sports Festival. RESEARCH QUARTERLY FOR EXERCISE AND SPORT. 81(1), 94-95.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Wakefield, Lane Taylor (2016-08). Why Do I Want to Be Your Friend? Engaging with Brands in Ephemeral Media. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Pederson, Joseph Arthur (2016-08). It's Not What You Tweet but How You Tweet It: An Experiment of Orientation, Interactivity, and Valence in Twitter. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lobpries, Jami Nicole (2014-08). Exploring Brand Identity Creation of Female Athletes: The Case of Jennie Finch and Cat Osterman. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Brown, Brandon Leigh (2013-08). Addressing the lack of Baseball Consumption amongst African Americans. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Kang, Chanho (2013-08). Dimensions of Brand Personality: A New Measure of Brand Personality in Sport. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Health And Kinesiology; 4243 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4243