education and training
- Edwards, G. C. (2021). Was Donald Trump an Effective Leader of Congress?. Presidential Studies Quarterly. 51(1), 4-34.
- Edwards, G. C. (2020). The Bully in the Pulpit. Presidential Studies Quarterly. 50(2), 286-324.
- Edwards, G. C. (2018). “Closer” or Context? Explaining Donald Trump’s Relations with Congress. Presidential Studies Quarterly. 48(3), 456-479.
- Edwards, G. C. (2017). 1932. South Central Review. 34(2), 32-40.
- Vaughn, J. S. (2017). Introduction. PS: Political Science & Politics. 50(01), 65-65.
- Edwards, G. C. (2016). Predicting the Presidency The Potential of Persuasive Leadership. Princeton University Press.
- George C Edwards, I., Wattenberg, M. P., & Lineberry, R. L. (2015). Government in America 2014 Elections and Updates Edition. Pearson College Division.
- George C Edwards, I., Wattenberg, M. P., & Lineberry, R. L. (2015). Government in America, 2014 Election Edition Plus New Mypoliscilab for American Government -- Access Card Package. Pearson College Division.
- Thomas S., L. (2014). Ideologues and presidents. Routledge.
- George Edwards, I., & Wayne, S. (2013). Presidential Leadership: Politics and Policy Making. Cengage Learning.
- Edwards, G. C. (2016). Evaluating Clinton's performance in congress. Presidential Policymaking: An End-of-century Assessment. 119-130.
- Edwards, G. C. (2015). Staying Private. Persily, N. (Eds.), Solutions to Political Polarization in America. 275-284. Cambridge University Press.
- Dumbrell, J. (2013). Issues in American Politics. Dumbrell, J. (Eds.), Issues in American Politics: Polarized Politics in the Age of Obama. 5-27. Routledge.
- Edwards, G. C. (2011). The future of bipartisanship as a strategy of presidential governing. The Presidency in The Twenty-First Century. 121-144.
- Edwards, G. C., & Howell, W. G. (2010). Introduction. 27th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-27), January 4-7, 1994, Maui, Hawaii, USA. 409-411. Oxford University Press.
- Edwards, G. C. (2017). The Revolution in Presidency Studies. PS: Political Science & Politics. 50(01), 65-67.
- Edwards, G. C. (1996). Presidential rhetoric: What difference does it make?. BEYOND THE RHETORICAL PRESIDENCY. 199-217.
in the news
chaired theses and dissertations
- Villalobos, Jose DeJesus (2008-12). Presidential-bureaucratic management and policy making success in congress. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Vaughn, Justin Scott (2007-12). Presidential responsiveness to public opinion. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Kent, Charles Todd (2005-08). Politically rational foreign policy decision-making. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Political Science; 4348 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4348