My areas of current research include:
manufacturing of micro-scale surface features, energy-efficient metal cladding process, plastic deformation
of coated materials, design and analysis of advanced honeycomb and porous structures, hydroforming of
sandwich panels, and prediction of sheet metal formability.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University - (Evanston, Illinois, United States) 1991
- M.E. in Manufacturing Engineering, Northwestern University - (Evanston, Illinois, United States) 1986
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, Syracuse University - (Syracuse, New York, United States) 1985
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Tunghai University - (Taichung, Taiwan) 1983
- Zhao, T., Hou, I., Leon, V. J., Ray, K., & Wang, J. (2018). An Efficient Revenue Distribution Method in A Cyber-Enabled Manufacturing System. Manufacturing Letters. 17, 19-22.
- Kao, Y., Amin, A. R., Payne, N., Wang, J., & Tai, B. L. (2018). Low-velocity impact response of 3D-printed lattice structure with foam reinforcement. Composite Structures. 192, 93-100.
- Zhan, W., Wang, J., Vanajakumari, M., & Johnson, M. D. (2018). Creating a high impact learning environment for engineering technology students. Advances in Engineering Education. 6(3), 1-23.
- Wang, J., & Feng, Z. (2018). Manufacturing of Surface Features from Extrusion Forging and Extrusion Rolling of Sheet Metals. Manufacturing Letters. 15, 42-45.
- Wang, R., & Wang, J. (2018). Modeling of honeycombs with laminated composite cell walls. Composite Structures. 184, 191-197.
- Kuttolamadom, M., Liu, M., Wang, J., Tai, B., Noynaert, S., Sagapuram, D., & Kennedy, M. (2018). Board 78: Interdisciplinary Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Metrology and Non-Destructive Inspection.
- Amin, A. R., Kao, Y., Tai, B. L., & Wang, J. (2017). Dynamic Response of 3D-Printed Bi-Material Structure Using Drop Weight Impact Test. 2, v002t01a021-v002t01a021.
- Johnson, M., Kim, M., Wang, J., & Yoon, M. (2016). Improving the Impact of Experiential Learning Activities through the Assessment of Student Learning Styles. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE. 2016-June,
- Wang, J., & Zhang, M. Y. (2016). Transitioning students from analysis to design with an active incremental learning approach. 2016-June,
- Wang, J., Nair, M., & Zhang, Y. (2016). An Efficient Force Prediction Strategy in Single Point Incremental Sheet Forming. Procedia Manufacturing. 5, 761-771.
- EAGER: Cybermanufacturing: Pervasive Cyber-enabled Manufacturing awarded by National Science Foundation 2015 - 2018
- Profesor Adscrito conferred by Universidad de las Americas - (Mexico City, Mexico) 2004
- Yang, Cheng-Kang (2016-12). Deformation Processes of Metallic Open-Cell Foam Supported Sheet Metals. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhang, Ying (2016-08). Fabrication and Modeling of Functionally Graded Porous Polymer Materials. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Su, Kuan-Yu (2015-05). Experimental Investigations of Improving Bushing Quality and Joining Sheet Metals in Friction Drilling. (Master's Thesis)
- Bai, Qiong (2014-12). Interactions Between Wear Mechanisms in a WC-Co / Ti-6Al-4V Machining Tribosystem. (Master's Thesis)
- Wadja, Bright Yves wilfried (2014-05). An Experimental and Numerical Investigation of the Cutting Forces in Dry Milling Machining Process. (Master's Thesis)