- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute
- Professor, Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution, College of Engineering
My areas of current research include:
manufacturing of micro-scale surface features, energy-efficient metal cladding process, plastic deformation
of coated materials, design and analysis of advanced honeycomb and porous structures, hydroforming of
sandwich panels, and prediction of sheet metal formability.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University - (Evanston, Illinois, United States) 1991
- M.E. in Manufacturing Engineering, Northwestern University - (Evanston, Illinois, United States) 1986
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, Syracuse University - (Syracuse, New York, United States) 1985
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Tunghai University - (Taichung, Taiwan) 1983
- Zhao, T., Hou, I. H., Leon, V. J., Ray, K., & Wang, J. (2018). An efficient revenue distribution method in a cyber-enabled manufacturing system. Manufacturing Letters. 17, 19-22.
- Zhan, W., Wang, J., Vanajakumari, M., & Johnson, M. D. (2018). Creating a high impact learning environment for engineering technology students. Advances in Engineering Education. 6(3), 1-23.
- Kao, Y. T., Amin, A. R., Payne, N., Wang, J., & Tai, B. L. (2018). Low-velocity impact response of 3D-printed lattice structure with foam reinforcement. COMPOSITE STRUCTURES. 192, 93-100.
- Wang, J., & Feng, Z. (2018). Manufacturing of surface features from extrusion forging and extrusion rolling of sheet metals. Manufacturing Letters. 15, 42-45.
- Wang, R., & Wang, J. (2018). Modeling of honeycombs with laminated composite cell walls. COMPOSITE STRUCTURES. 184, 191-197.
- Amin, A. R., Kao, Y. T., Tai, B. L., & Wang, J. (2017). Dynamic response of 3d-printed Bi-material structure using drop weight impact test. 2,
- Wang, R., Wang, J., & ASME, .. (2016). ANALYSIS OF IN-PLANE COMPRESSION AND BENDING OF HONEYCOMBS WITH LAMINATED CELL WALLS. 9-2015,
- Wang, J., Nair, M., & Zhang, Y. (2016). An Efficient Force Prediction Strategy in Single Point Incremental Sheet Forming. 6TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON APPLIED HUMAN FACTORS AND ERGONOMICS (AHFE 2015) AND THE AFFILIATED CONFERENCES, AHFE 2015. 5, 761-771.
- Johnson, M., Kim, M., Wang, J., & Yoon, M. (2016). Improving the impact of experiential learning activities through the assessment of student learning styles. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE. 2016-June,
- Kao, Y. T., Zhang, Y., Wang, J., & Tai, B. L. (2016). Loading-unloading cycles of 3D-printing built bi-material structures with ceramic and elastomer. 3,
- Profesor Adscrito conferred by Universidad de las Americas - (Mexico City, Mexico) 2004
- Yang, Cheng-Kang (2016-12). Deformation Processes of Metallic Open-Cell Foam Supported Sheet Metals. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhang, Ying (2016-08). Fabrication and Modeling of Functionally Graded Porous Polymer Materials. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Su, Kuan-Yu (2015-05). Experimental Investigations of Improving Bushing Quality and Joining Sheet Metals in Friction Drilling. (Master's Thesis)
- Bai, Qiong (2014-12). Interactions Between Wear Mechanisms in a WC-Co / Ti-6Al-4V Machining Tribosystem. (Master's Thesis)
- Wadja, Bright Yves wilfried (2014-05). An Experimental and Numerical Investigation of the Cutting Forces in Dry Milling Machining Process. (Master's Thesis)