I have an interest in practical and creative approaches to collection management and assessment (e.g., approval plans, demand driven acquisitions, assessment of serials and "big deals", electronic resources management systems). I am particularly interested in implementing a sustainable approach to collection assessment.
- Ramirez, D., & Tabacaru, S. (2021). Incorporating curriculum mapping as a method to increase approval plan precision. College & Undergraduate Libraries. 1-15.
- Hartnett, E., & Tabacaru, S. (2019). Can 1figr Figure into Your Assessment? A Case Study on the Use of 1Figr for A Serials Review. Technical Services Quarterly. 36(4), 339-362.
- Tabacaru, S. (2018). E-Preferred Approval Plan at a Large Academic Library: Assessment and Collection Development Implications. Collection Management. 43(3), 155-176.
- Tabacaru, S., & Hartnett, E. (2017). How academic libraries provide value through course readings. Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship. 29(1), 24-36.
- Tabacaru, S., Pickett, C., Stephens, J., Ugaz, A., Ramirez, D., Xiao, D., Harrell, J., & Reddy, D. E. (2016). Bundled Database Subscriptions: Challenges, Opportunities, and Assessment. Serials Review. 42(1), 31-38.
- Hartnett, E., & Tabacaru, S. G. (2017). Using Required Readings from Course Syllabi to Show Library Value and Assess the Collection. Dobbs, A. W. (Eds.), The Library Assessment Cookbook. (pp. 26-27). ALA.
- Harrell, J., Pickett, C., Tabacaru, S. G., Ho, J., Ugaz, A., & Burford, N. (2014). PDA in a Multi-Library Setting: Challenges, Implementation, and Outcomes. Bridges, K. (Eds.), Customer-Based Collection Development An Overview. (pp. 139-158). Amer Library Assn.
Institutional Repository Documents5
- Tabacaru, S., & Hartnett, E. (2019). A Tale of Two Discovery and Citation Analysis Tools: A QQ Comparison of Web of Science and Scopus.
- Hartnett, E., & Tabacaru, S. (2019). Course Readings: How Libraries Provide Value.
- Tabacaru, S. (2019). Web of Science versus Scopus: Journal Coverage Overlap Analysis.
- Tabacaru, S. (2017). E-Preferred Approval Plans – Is This the Right Choice for an Academic Library?.
- Tabacaru, S., & Ramirez, D. (2015). Evidence-Based Collection Management in Psychology: A Comprehensive Analysis of PsycBOOKS.