- Assessment Librarian, University Libraries, Texas A&M University
I am currently an Associate Assessment Librarian at the Texas A&M University Libraries. In this last role, I strategically focus on the assessment of library programs and services. Specifically, I collect, organize, and analyze institutional and collection data to facilitate data-driven, evidence-based decisions in support of Texas A&M University's educational and research mission.
My research and publications are strategically aligned with my assessment activities, focusing on the design, development, and application of practical and creative approaches to collection development and assessment, and demonstrating the value and impact of library resources on the academic community. I have an interest in practical and creative approaches to collection management and assessment (e.g., approval plans, demand driven acquisitions, assessment of serials and "big deals", electronic resources management systems). I am particularly interested in implementing a sustainable approach to collection assessment.
- M.S. in Library and Information Science, University of North Texas - (Denton, Texas, United States) 2009
- S.J.D. in Law, University of Bucharest - (Bucharest, Romania)
- Kogut, A., D'Aveta, L., & Tabacaru, S. (2022). Assessment of Acquisition Methods for a Juvenile Literature Collection at a Research University. COLLECTION MANAGEMENT. 47(2-3), 87-100.
- Tabacaru, S., Halling, T. D., Ballestro, J., Burke, S., & D'Aveta, L. (2022). H-Acq-ing the Approval Plan: Piloting a Purchase on Demand Program. COLLECTION MANAGEMENT. 1-18.
- Ramirez, D., & Tabacaru, S. (2022). Incorporating curriculum mapping as a method to increase approval plan precision. COLLEGE & UNDERGRADUATE LIBRARIES. 28(2), 165-179.
- Hartnett, E., & Tabacaru, S. (2019). Can 1figr Figure into Your Assessment? A Case Study on the Use of 1Figr for A Serials Review. TECHNICAL SERVICES QUARTERLY. 36(4), 339-362.
- Tabacaru, S. (2018). E-Preferred Approval Plan at a Large Academic Library: Assessment and Collection Development Implications. Collection Management. 43(3), 155-176.
- Hartnett, E., & Tabacaru, S. G. (2017). Using Required Readings from Course Syllabi to Show Library Value and Assess the Collection. Dobbs, A. W. (Eds.), The Library Assessment Cookbook. 26-27. ALA.
- Harrell, J., Pickett, C., Tabacaru, S. G., Ho, J., Ugaz, A., & Burford, N. PDA in a Multi-Library Setting: Challenges, Implementation, and Outcomes. Bridges, K. (Eds.), Customer-Based Collection Development An Overview. 139-158. Amer Library Assn.
Repository Documents / Preprints6
- Tabacaru, S., & D'Aveta, L. (2021). Strategies for Developing Collections through Multiple Acquisition Models: Assessment and Benefits.
- Tabacaru, S., & Hartnett, E. (2019). A Tale of Two Discovery and Citation Analysis Tools: A QQ Comparison of Web of Science and Scopus.
- Hartnett, E., & Tabacaru, S. (2019). Course Readings: How Libraries Provide Value.
- Tabacaru, S. (2019). Web of Science versus Scopus: Journal Coverage Overlap Analysis.
- Tabacaru, S. (2017). E-Preferred Approval Plans Is This the Right Choice for an Academic Library?.