There are several research foci in the Suh laboratory. First, we are interested in elucidating and understanding the molecular mechanisms involved in the survival of pathogenic bacteria in nature and the contribution of these mechanisms to aid these pathogens in their ability to cause human diseases.
Second, we are interested in developing peptide based biosensors for rapid detection of important bacterial pathogens. Our biosensors can detect pathogens in just minutes rather than hours or days of other approaches. Third, we are interested in genetic and metabolic engineering to develop bacterial cells into microbial factory for optimal production of value-added products.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States), Postdoctoral Training 1996
- Ph.D. in Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1994
- M.S. in Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1987
- Axelrad, I., Safrin, M., Cahan, R., Suh, S., Ohman, D. E., & Kessler, E (2021). Extracellular proteolytic activation of Pseudomonas aeruginosa aminopeptidase (PaAP) and insight into the role of its non-catalytic N-terminal domain.. PLoS One. 16(6), e0252970-e0252970.
- Abdel-Rahim, M. H., El-Badawy, O., Hadiya, S., Daef, E. A., Suh, S., Boothe, D. M., & Aly, S. A. (2019). Patterns of Fluoroquinolone Resistance in Enterobacteriaceae Isolated from the Assiut University Hospitals, Egypt: A Comparative Study.. Microb Drug Resist. 25(4), 509-519.
- Zeng, Y., Hu, X. P., Cao, G., & Suh, S (2018). Hemolymph protein profiles of subterranean termite Reticulitermes flavipes challenged with methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus or Pseudomonas aeruginosa.. Sci Rep. 8(1), 13251.
- Shuman, J., Giles, T. X., Carroll, L., Tabata, K., Powers, A., Suh, S., & Silo-Suh, L. (2018). Transcriptome analysis of a Pseudomonas aeruginosasn-glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase mutant reveals a disruption in bioenergetics.. Microbiology (Reading). 164(4), 551-562.
- Du, S., Chen, I., Liu, Y., Xi, J., Lu, X. u., Horikawa, S., ... Chin, B. A (2017). Bio-Molecular Filter for the Capture of Bacterial Pathogens in Liquid Streams. ECS Transactions. 80(10), 1513-1521.