education and training
- Ph.D. in Sociology, Cornell University - (Ithaca, New York, United States) 2017
- M.A. in Social and Political Sciences, Humboldt University of Berlin - (Berlin, Germany) 2009
- B.A. in Sociology, Bogazici University - (Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey) 2006
- İlkiz, F., & interviewed by Defne Över, .. (2019). Freedom of Expression and the Press in Turkey. Özyürek, E., Özpınar, G., & Altındiş, E. (Eds.), Authoritarianism and Resistance in Turkey. (pp. 215-227). Springer International Publishing.
- Över, D. (2018). Qualitative Research in a Politically Polarized Atmosphere: Conducting In-Depth Interviews With Journalists in Turkey. SAGE Research Methods Cases in Sociology. SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Över, D., & Taraktaş, B. (2017). When Does Repression Trigger Mass Protest? The 2013 Gezi Protests. Non-State Violent Actors and Social Movement Organizations. (pp. 205-239). Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Over, D. (2013). Constructions of Public and Private Spheres in the Soviet Communal Apartment: Erving Goffman’s Notion of Territories of Self. LOW, J., & BOWDEN, G. (Eds.), The Chicago School Diaspora: Epistemology and Substance. (pp. 223-237). McGill-Queen's University Press.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities