My research has been in the areas of offshore measurements, experimental wave kinematics, dredging and dredged material
education and training
- Ph.D. in Ocean Engineering, University of Rhode Island - (Kingston, Rhode Island, United States) 1972
- M.S. in Ocean Engineering, University of Rhode Island - (Kingston, Rhode Island, United States) 1969
- B.S. in Biomedical (Mechanical) Engineering, The Ohio State University - (Columbus, Ohio, United States) 1963
- Ariyanonthaka, K., Taylor, J., & Randall, R. (2017). They race submarines, don't they?. MARINE TECHNOLOGY AND SNAME NEWS. 54(1), 28-36.
- Henriksen, J., Randall, R., & Socolofsky, S. (2012). Near-field resuspension model for a cutter suction dredge. JOURNAL OF WATERWAY PORT COASTAL AND OCEAN ENGINEERING-ASCE. 138(3), 181-191.
- Randall, R. E., & Koo, B. J. (2004). Dredging alternatives for delivering sand for beach nourishment. World Dredging, Mining and Construction. 40(2), 6-7+11.
- Koo, B. J., Kim, M. H., & Randall, R. E. (2004). Mathieu instability of a spar platform with mooring and risers. OCEAN ENGINEERING. 31(17-18), 2175-2208.
- Koo, B. J., Kim, M. H., & Randall, R. E. (2004). The effect of nonlinear multi-contact coupling with gap between risers and guide frames on global spar motion analysis. OCEAN ENGINEERING. 31(11-12), 1469-1502.
- Mukti, M. H., & Randall, R. E. (2017). Graphic method for improved Indonesian navy submarine design acquisition; The investigation of small (midget) naval submarine development.
- Gadgil, A. A., & Randall, R. E. (2017). Two phase annular flow approximation using 1-d flow equations coupled with a drift flux model for concurrent flow in vertical or near vertical channels. 5A-2017,
- Randall, R., & Yeh, P. (2013). Estimating production and booster pump location for long distance pumping.
- Sultan, N. J., Sampath, A., Randall, R. E., Zhi, Y., & Luai, A. (2013). Kodiak Pier 3 - Ship motion tests for a solid fill and pile supported pier. 560-569.
- Beemer, R., Aubeny, C., Randall, R., & Drake, A. (2012). Predictive model for drag embedment anchor performance in clay seabed.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Paparis, Nicholas Alexander (2017-05). Clamshell Mechanical Dredge Production and Cost Estimation. (Master's Thesis)
- Shin, Chong-Suk (2017-05). Efficient Mooring Systems for Semisubmersible Floating Offshore Wind Turbines. (Master's Thesis)
- de Oliveira Junior, Paulo Tadeu (2016-05). Experimental Measurements of the Minor Loss due to Fixed Screens at Suction Entrance for a Cutterhead Model Dredge. (Master's Thesis)
- Wowtschuk, Bohdon Michael (2016-05). Production and Cost Estimating for Trailing Suction Hopper Dredge. (Master's Thesis)
- Lewis, Joshua Mark (2014-12). Measuring the Effects of Cutter Suction Dredge Operating Parameters on Minor Losses due to Fixed Screens Installed at the Suction Inlet. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Ocean Engineering; 3136 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3136