Environmental governance; water, land and energy systems; human-environment interaction; political ecology; environmental justice; regional geography (Brazil; US-Mexico Borderlands)
education and training
- Ph.D. in Geography, University of California Los Angeles - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 2003
- M.A. in Geography, Syracuse University - (Syracuse, New York, United States) 1997
- B.A. in Geography and History, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1994
- Brewis, A., Workman, C., Wutich, A., Jepson, W., Young, S., & Experie, H. (2020). Household water insecurity is strongly associated with food insecurity: Evidence from 27 sites in low- and middle-income countries. American Journal of Human Biology. 32(1), e23309.
- Wutich, A., Rosinger, A. Y., Stoler, J., Jepson, W., & Brewis, A. (2020). Measuring Human Water Needs. American Journal of Human Biology. 32(1), e23350.
- Beckner, S., Jepson, W., Brannstrom, C., & Tracy, J. (2019). 'The San Antonio River Doesn't Start in San Antonio, It Now Starts in Burleson County': Stakeholder Perspectives on a Groundwater Transfer Project in Central Texas. Society & Natural Resources. 32(11), 1222-1238.
- Young, S. L., Collins, S. M., Boateng, G. O., Neilands, T. B., Jamaluddine, Z., Miller, J. D., ... Network, H. (2019). Development and validation protocol for an instrument to measure household water insecurity across cultures and ecologies: the Household Water InSecurity Experiences (HWISE) Scale. BMJ OPEN. 9(1), e023558-e023558.
- Young, S. L., Boateng, G. O., Jamaluddine, Z., Miller, J. D., Frongillo, E. A., Neilands, T. B., ... Network, H. (2019). The Household Water InSecurity Experiences (HWISE) Scale: development and validation of a household water insecurity measure for low-income and middle-income countries. BMJ GLOBAL HEALTH. 4(5), e001750-e001750.
- Jepson, W. E., & Brannstrom, C. (2016). Techno-nature and Scaling Water Governance in South Texas. Norman, E. S., Cook, C., & Cohen, A. (Eds.), Negotiating Water Governance Why the Politics of Scale Matter. (pp. 155-172). Ashgate Publishing.
- Jepson, W., Brown, J. C., & Koeppe, M. (2008). Agricultural intensification on Brazil's amazonian soybean frontier. Land-Change Science in the Tropics: Changing Agricultural Landscapes. (pp. 73-92). Springer Us.
- Jepson, W. E., Brannstrom, C., & De Souza, R. S. (2008). Brazilian biotechnology governance: Consensus and confict over genetically modifed crops. Food for the Few: Neoliberal Globalism and Biotechnology in Latin America. (pp. 217-242).
- Jepson, W., & Millington, A. (2008). The changing countryside. Land-Change Science in the Tropics: Changing Agricultural Landscapes. (pp. 1-10). Springer Us.
- Jepson, W. E. (2007). Environmental Racism. Robbins, P. (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Environment and Society. (pp. 588-590). Sage Publishing.
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
- Beckner, Sydney Starr (2018-12). Social Perspectives on an Inter-Aquifer Water Transfer Project: The Vista Ridge Pipeline in Central Texas. (Master's Thesis)
- Peteru, Swetha (2017-05). Linking Management Practices to Plant Species & Genetic Diversity in Agroforestry Systems. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lee, Heather Nicole (2016-08). Access Regimes and Irrigation Technology: Where Does the Water Soft Path for Agriculture Lead?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bruno, Tianna Marie (2016-08). Market Environmental Justice: A Case Study on the EPA Environmental Justice Showcase Communities Project. (Master's Thesis)
- Joslin, Audrey (2015-12). Labor and Territory in Payments for Ecosystem Services in Ecuador's Andes. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Geography; 3147 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3147