Environmental governance; water, land and energy systems; human-environment interaction; political ecology; environmental justice; regional geography (Brazil; US-Mexico Borderlands)
education and training
- Ph.D. in Geography, University of California Los Angeles - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 2003
- M.A. in Geography, Syracuse University - (Syracuse, New York, United States) 1997
- B.A. in Geography and History, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1994
- Jepson, W., Martin, P., & Nevins, J (2022). Sorry to Bother You: The AAG Climate Action Task Force as a Necessary Inconvenience. The Professional Geographer. 74(1), 147-149.
- Grasham, C. F., Calow, R., Casey, V., Charles, K. J., de Wit, S., Dyer, E., ... Zaidi, H (2021). Engaging with the politics of climate resilience towards clean water and sanitation for all. npj Clean Water. 4(1), 42.
- Stoler, J., Miller, J. D., Adams, E. A., Ahmed, F., Alexander, M., Asiki, G., ... Young, S. L (2021). The Household Water Insecurity Experiences (HWISE) Scale: comparison scores from 27 sites in 22 countries. Journal of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Development. 11(6), 1102-1110.
- Wutich, A., Jepson, W. E., Stoler, J., Thomson, P., Kooy, M., Brewis, A., Staddon, C., & Meehan, K (2021). A Global Agenda for Household Water Security: Measurement, Monitoring, and Management. JAWRA Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 57(4), 530-538.
- Empinotti, V. L., Budds, J., Jepson, W., Millington, N., Nicolau Ferrara, L., Geere, J., ... Wahby, N (2021). Advancing urban water security: The urbanization of water–society relations and entry–points for political engagement. Water International. 46(6), 956-968.
- Jepson, W., Wutich, A., & Harris, L. M (2019). Water-security capabilities and the human right to water. Water Politics. 84-98. Routledge.
- Jepson, W. E., & Brannstrom, C. (2016). Techno-nature and Scaling Water Governance in South Texas. Norman, E. S., Cook, C., & Cohen, A. (Eds.), Negotiating Water Governance Why the Politics of Scale Matter. 155-172. Ashgate Publishing.
- Jepson, W. E., Brannstrom, C., & De Souza, R. S. (2008). Brazilian biotechnology governance: Consensus and confict over genetically modifed crops. Food for the Few: Neoliberal Globalism and Biotechnology in Latin America. 217-242.
- Jepson, W., & Millington, A (2008). The Changing Countryside. Land Change Science in the Tropics. 1-10. Springer US.
- Jepson, W., Brown, J. C., & Koeppe, M. (2008). Agricultural Intensification on Brazils Amazonian Soybean Frontier. Land Change Science in the Tropics. 73-92. Springer US.
in the news
- Urban Water Provisioning Systems and Household Water Security awarded by National Science Foundation 2016 - 2020
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Beckner, Sydney Starr (2018-12). Social Perspectives on an Inter-Aquifer Water Transfer Project: The Vista Ridge Pipeline in Central Texas. (Master's Thesis)
- Peteru, Swetha (2017-05). Linking Management Practices to Plant Species & Genetic Diversity in Agroforestry Systems. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lee, Heather Nicole (2016-08). Access Regimes and Irrigation Technology: Where Does the Water Soft Path for Agriculture Lead?. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Bruno, Tianna Marie (2016-08). Market Environmental Justice: A Case Study on the EPA Environmental Justice Showcase Communities Project. (Master's Thesis)
- Joslin, Audrey (2015-12). Labor and Territory in Payments for Ecosystem Services in Ecuador's Andes. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Geography; 3147 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3147