My lab conducts three lines of research; wireless optogenetics, biomedicine, wireless power transmission into biological tissues, and photodynamic therapy for gastrointestinal cancers.
We are developing soft neural interface platforms and soft wireless platform electronics that can control neural interfaces and integrate data transmission, signal processing, and power management. These works involve fabrication of stretchable electronic systems and development of novel antenna systems and integrated circuit systems. In parallel, we are studying novel methods to maximize wireless power transmission into biological tissues.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Stanford University - (Stanford, California, United States)
- M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States)
- B.S. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Hanyang University - (Seoul, South Korea)
- Kim, W. S., Hong, S., Morgan, C., Nakaji, P., Lawton, M. T., & Park, S. I. (2020). A Soft, Biocompatible Magnetic Field Enabled Wireless Surgical Lighting Patty for Neurosurgery. Applied Sciences. 10(6), 2001-2001.
- Mickle, A. D., Won, S. M., Noh, K. N., Yoon, J., Meacham, K. W., Xue, Y., ... Rogers, J. A. (2019). A wireless closed-loop system for optogenetic peripheral neuromodulation. NATURE. 565(7739), 361-365.
- Noh, K. N., Park, S. I., Qazi, R., Zou, Z., Mickle, A. D., Grajales‐Reyes, J. G., ... Jeong, J. (2018). Miniaturized, Battery‐Free Optofluidic Systems with Potential for Wireless Pharmacology and Optogenetics. Small. 14(4), 1702479-1702479.
- Shin, G., Gomez, A. M., Al-Hasani, R., Jeong, Y. R., Kim, J., Xie, Z., ... Rogers, J. A. (2017). Flexible Near-Field Wireless Optoelectronics as Subdermal Implants for Broad Applications in Optogenetics. NEURON. 93(3), 509-521.e3.
- Sim, J. Y., Haney, M. P., Park, S. I., McCall, J. G., & Jeong, J. (2017). Microfluidic neural probes: in vivo tools for advancing neuroscience. Lab on a Chip - Miniaturisation for Chemistry and Biology. 17(8), 1406-1435.
- Park, S. I., Shin, G., McCall, J. G., Al-Hasani, R., Norris, A., Xia, L. i., ... Rogers, J. A. (2016). Stretchable multichannel antennas in soft wireless optoelectronic implants for optogenetics. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES. 113(50), e8169-e8177.