Park, Sung Il individual record
- Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
My lab conducts three lines of research; wireless optogenetics, biomedicine, wireless power transmission into biological tissues, and photodynamic therapy for gastrointestinal cancers.
We are developing soft neural interface platforms and soft wireless platform electronics that can control neural interfaces and integrate data transmission, signal processing, and power management. These works involve fabrication of stretchable electronic systems and development of novel antenna systems and integrated circuit systems. In parallel, we are studying novel methods to maximize wireless power transmission into biological tissues.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Stanford University - (Stanford, California, United States)
- M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin - (Austin, Texas, United States)
- B.S. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Hanyang University - (Seoul, South Korea)
- Kim, W. S., Khot, M. I., Woo, H., Hong, S., Baek, D., Maisey, T., ... Park, S. I. (2022). AI-enabled, implantable, multichannel wireless telemetry for photodynamic therapy.. Nat Commun. 13(1), 2178.
- Gamero, M., Kim, W. S., Hong, S., Vorobiev, D., Morgan, C. D., & Park, S. I. (2021). Multimodal Sensing Capabilities for the Detection of Shunt Failure.. Sensors (Basel). 21(5), 1747-1747.
- Kim, W. S., Hong, S., Gamero, M., Jeevakumar, V., Smithhart, C. M., Price, T. J., ... Park, S. I. (2021). Organ-specific, multimodal, wireless optoelectronics for high-throughput phenotyping of peripheral neural pathways.. Nat Commun. 12(1), 157.
- Kim, W. S., Hong, S., Morgan, C., Nakaji, P., Lawton, M. T., & Park, S. I. (2020). A Soft, Biocompatible Magnetic Field Enabled Wireless Surgical Lighting Patty for Neurosurgery. APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL. 10(6), 2001-2001.
- Kim, W. S., Jeong, M., Hong, S., Lim, B., & Park, S. I. (2020). Fully Implantable Low-Power High Frequency Range Optoelectronic Devices for Dual-Channel Modulation in the Brain.. Sensors (Basel). 20(13), 3639-3639.
- Park, S. I., Shin, G., McCall, J. G., Al-Hasani, R., Norris, A., Xia, L. i., ... Rogers, J. A. (2016). Stretchable multichannel antennas in soft wireless optoelectronic implants for optogenetics.. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 113(50), E8169-E8177.
in the news
recent teaching activities
- BMEN491 Hnr-research Instructor
- BMEN491 Research Instructor
- BMEN691 Research Instructor
- ECEN214 Elec Circuit Theory Instructor
- ECEN215 Prin Of Electrical Engr Instructor
Texas A&M University; Electrical Engineering; 3128 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3128