My main motivation is to unravel molecular mechanisms and to modulate emergent behavior of biomolecular networks with the development and application of computational tools (including molecular modeling, network simulation, optimization, machine learning, graph theory, and systems and control theory). To that end, I aim at an iterative process that models and experiments can feed each other.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2011
- Ph.D. in Systems Engineering, Boston University - (Boston, Massachusetts, United States) 2008
- B.E. in Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China - (Hefei, China) 2002
- Shen, Y., Radhakrishnan, M. L., & Tidor, B. (2015). Molecular mechanisms and design principles for promiscuous inhibitors to avoid drug resistance: Lessons learned from HIV‐1 protease inhibition. Proteins Structure Function and Bioinformatics. 83(2), 351-372.
- Lensink, M. F., Moal, I. H., Bates, P. A., Kastritis, P. L., Melquiond, A., Karaca, E., ... Wodak, S. J. (2013). Blind prediction of interfacial water positions in CAPRI. Proteins Structure Function and Bioinformatics. 82(4), 620-632.
- Shen, Y. (2013). Improved flexible refinement of protein docking in CAPRI rounds 22–27. Proteins Structure Function and Bioinformatics. 81(12), 2129-2136.
- Toy, W., Shen, Y., Won, H., Green, B., Sakr, R. A., Will, M., ... Chandarlapaty, S. (2013). ESR1 ligand binding domain mutations in hormone-resistant breast cancer. Nat Genet. 45(12), 1439-1445.
- Balbas, M. D., Evans, M. J., Hosfield, D. J., Wongvipat, J., Arora, V. K., Watson, P. A., ... Sawyers, C. L. (2013). Overcoming mutation-based resistance to antiandrogens with rational drug design. Elife. 2, e00499.