Reed, Helen individual record
- University Distinguished Professor, Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering
- Presidential Professor for Teaching Excellence, Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering
- Regents Professor, Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering
- Holder of the Edward "Pete" Aldridge 60 Professorship, Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering
education and training
- Ph.D. in Engineering Mechanics, Virginia Tech - (Blacksburg, Virginia, United States) 1981
- M.S. in Engineering Mechanics, Virginia Tech - (Blacksburg, Virginia, United States) 1980
- A.B. in Mathematics, Goucher College - (Towson, Maryland, United States) 1977
- Mullen, C. D., & Reed, H. L. (2021). Computational modeling and stability analysis of BOLT hypersonic geometry including off-nominal conditions. Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics. 1-26.
- Moyes, A. J., & Reed, H. L. (2021). Preflight Boundary-Layer Stability Analysis of BOLT Geometry. Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets. 58(1), 78-89.
- Mir Mir, F., Beyak, E. S., Pinna, F., & Reed, H. L. (2019). High-enthalpy models for boundary-layer stability and transition. Physics of Fluids. 31(4), 044101-044101.
- Tucker, A. A., Reed, H. L., & Saric, W. S. (2016). Aircraft suitability model applied to a laminar flow control flight experiment. International Journal of Engineering Systems Modelling and Simulation. (3), 157-157.
- Andersson, L., Ergun, R. E., Delory, G. T., Eriksson, A., Westfall, J., Reed, H., ... Meyers, D. (2015). The Langmuir Probe and Waves (LPW) Instrument for MAVEN. Space Science Reviews. 195(1-4), 173-198.
- Reed, H. L. (2022). Progress in Stability and Transition Research. Solid Mechanics and its Applications. IUTAM Laminar-Turbulent Transition. 55-69. Springer International Publishing.
- Saric, W., & Reed, H. (2006). Stability, Transition, and Control of Three-Dimensional Boundary Layers on Swept Wings. Solid Mechanics and Its Applications. Solid mechanics and its applications. 177-188. Springer Netherlands.
- Reshotko, E., Vargas, M., & Reed, H. L. (2000). Relation of glaze ice formations on swept wings to crossflow instability. Laminar-Turbulent Transition. 577-581. Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Lin, N., Buter, T. A., Fuciarelli, D. A., & Reed, H. L. (1994). Computational Aspects of Nonparallel Effects in Boundary-Layer Receptivity. Nonlinear Instability of Nonparallel Flows. 98-105. Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Fuciarelli, D. A., & Reed, H. L. (1994). Leading-Edge Receptivity of Acoustic Disturbances. Transition, Turbulence and Combustion. 259-266. Springer Netherlands.
- Groot, K. J., Patel, J., Saiyasak, C., Coder, J. G., Stefanski, D. L., & Reed, H. L. (2021). Assessment of the Amplification Factor Transport Transition Model for High-Mach Number Flows. AIAA AVIATION 2021 FORUM, AIAA AVIATION 2021 FORUM.
- Groot, K. J., Patel, J., Beyak, E. S., Coder, J. G., & Reed, H. L. (2021). Görtler Instability on a Variably Swept, Slotted, Natural-Laminar-Flow Airfoil. AIAA AVIATION 2021 FORUM, AIAA AVIATION 2021 FORUM.
- Riha, A. K., McMillan, M., & Reed, H. L. (2021). Linear Stability of a Boundary-Layer Vortex on a Hypersonic Finned Cone. AIAA AVIATION 2021 FORUM, AIAA AVIATION 2021 FORUM.
- McMillan, M., Mullen, C. D., & Reed, H. L. (2021). Spatial BiGlobal Stability Analysis of Spanwise Vortex Rollup on a Hypersonic Finned Cone. AIAA AVIATION 2021 FORUM, AIAA AVIATION 2021 FORUM.
- Middlebrooks, J. B., Farnan, E., Matlis, E. H., Corke, T. C., Mullen, C. D., Peck, M. M., & Reed, H. L. (2021). Design of a Hypersonic Boundary Layer Transition Control Experiment Utilizing a Swept Fin Cone Geometry in Mach 6 Flow. AIAA Scitech 2021 Forum, AIAA Scitech 2021 Forum.
in the news
- Texas A&M Announces 2020 Distinguished Achievement Award Recipients Texas A&M Today May 1, 2020
- Seven Texas A&M Faculty Members Awarded With University Distinguished Professorships Texas A&M Today February 26, 2020
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Kocian, Travis Scott (2018-05). Computational Hypersonic Boundary-Layer Stability and the Validation and Verification of EPIC. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Tufts, Matthew W (2015-12). Computational Investigation of Sensitivity of the Crossflow Instability to Two-Dimensional Surface Imperfections. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Oliviero, Nick B (2015-05). EPIC: A New and Advanced Nonlinear Parabolized Stability Equation Solver. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Aerospace Engineering; 3141 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3141