The Tarone laboratory is interested in factors that lead to local adaptations of fly development times and body sizes. These traits are influenced by numerous genetic and environmental factors. They are also ecologically important life history traits for any organism and are frequently found to be under differential selection across populations of numerous fly species. Accordingly, there are many applied and theoretical reasons for dissecting the causes of variation in these phenotypes in flies that influence human activities.
- McKenna, C. H., Asgari, D., Crippen, T. L., Zheng, L., Sherman, R. A., Tomberlin, J. K., Meisel, R. P., & Tarone, A. M. (2022). Gene expression in Lucilia sericata ( Diptera : Calliphoridae ) larvae exposed to Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter baumannii identifies shared and microbe‐specific induction of immune genes. Insect Molecular Biology. 31(1), 85-100.
- Harrison, K., Tarone, A. M., DeWitt, T., & Medina, R. F. (2022). Predicting the occurrence of host‐associated differentiation in parasitic arthropods: a quantitative literature review. 170(1), 5-22.
- Olafson, P. U., Aksoy, S., Attardo, G. M., Buckmeier, G., Chen, X., Coates, C. J., ... Benoit, J. B (2021). Publisher Correction: The genome of the stable fly, Stomoxys calcitrans, reveals potential mechanisms underlying reproduction, host interactions, and novel targets for pest control. BMC Biology. 19(1), 150.
- Cuttiford, L., Pimsler, M. L., Heo, C. C., Zheng, L. e., Karunaratne, I., Trissini, G., ... Tomberlin, J. K. (2021). Evaluation of Development Datasets for Hermetia illucens (L.) (Diptera: Stratiomyidae) for Estimating the Time of Placement of Human and Swine Remains in Texas, USA.. J Med Entomol. 58(4), 1654-1662.
- Sawyer, S. J., Rusch, T. W., Tarone, A. M., & Tomberlin, J. K. (2021). Wing buzzing as a potential antipredator defense against an invasive predator. Food Webs. 27, e00192-e00192.
- Lambiase, S., & Tarone, A. M. (2021). Forensic Entomology: The Utility of Insects at Court and in Human Identification. Forensic DNA Analysis. 385-416. Apple Academic Press.
- Sanford, M. R., & Tarone, A. M. (2019). Is PMI the Hypothesis or the Null Hypothesis?. Forensic Entomology. 311-332. CRC Press.
- Tarone, A. M., & B. Benoit, J. (2019). Insect Development as It Relates to Forensic Entomology. Forensic Entomology. 225-252. CRC Press.
- (2015). Carrion Ecology, Evolution, and Their Applications. Carrion Ecology, Evolution, and Their Applications. 433-459. CRC Press.
- Tomberlin, J. K., & Eric Benbow, M. (2015). Forensic Entomology. Forensic Entomology: International Dimensions and Frontiers. 417-422. CRC Press.
- Sze, S., Parrott, J. J., & Tarone, A. M (2017). A divide-and-conquer algorithm for large-scale de novo transcriptome assembly through combining small assemblies from existing algorithms.. BMC Genomics. 18(Suppl 10), 895.
- Fu, S., Chang, P. L., Friesen, M. L., Teakle, N. L., Tarone, A. M., & Sze, S. (2017). Identifying similar transcripts in a related organism from de Bruijn graphs of RNA-Seq data, with applications to the study of salt and waterlogging tolerance in melilotus. 1-1.
- Sze, S., Parrott, J. J., & Tarone, A. M. (2016). A divide-and-conquer algorithm for large-scale de novo transcriptome assembly through combining small assemblies from existing algorithms. 1-1.
- Tarone, A. M. (2016). Genetic variation in blow fly life history traits.
- Ramos III, Ernesto (2015-08). A Genetic Study of the Development of Cochliomyia macellaria (Fabricius) (Diptera: Calliphoridae): Ecological, Evolutionary, and Forensic Importance of the Secondary Screwworm. (Master's Thesis)
- Pimsler, Meaghan Leigh (2015-08). A Functional Genetic Study of Sexual Dimorphism and Behavioral Ecology in Chrysomya rufifacies (Diptera: Calliphoridae). (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Fu, Shuhua (2015-05). Genomic and Transcriptomic Studies on Non-Model Organisms. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Liu, Wenqi (2014-08). Chemical and Nutritional Ecology of Lucilia sericata (Meigen) (Diptera: Calliphoridae) as Related to Volatile Organic Compounds and Associated Essential Amino Acids. (Doctoral Dissertation)