- Assistant Director of Education, Energy Institute, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Division of Research
- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Division of Research
- Program Coordinator I, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, College of Engineering
Agro-environmental science, carbon sequestration, water and energy management, climate change focusing on greenhouse gas measurements and mitigation in agricultural systems. Dr. Pappa makes significant contributions in the environmental sector by combining existing knowledge to improve methodologies and data analysis; and examining crops under different farming systems. Dr. Pappa also focuses on how efficient and integrated management of energy, food and water resources can help address several of the biggest global challenges, such as climate change, economic, environmental and social security, developing an overview of the current integration of energy, food and water. She explores how innovative approaches such as a circular economy may address future challenges.
- Ph.D. in Geoscience, University of Edinburgh - (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) 2009
- M.Sc. in Geoscience, University of Edinburgh - (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) 2005
- B.S. in Agriculture, Technological Educational Institute of Epirus - (Arta, Greece) 2003
- Pinkerton, T. C., Assi, A. T., Pappa, V. A., Kan, E., & Mohtar, R. H. (2021). Impact of Dairy Wastewater Irrigation and Manure Application on Soil Structural and Water-Holding Properties. Transactions of the ASABE. 64(3), 857-868.
- Hansen, S., Frøseth, R. B., Stenberg, M., Stalenga, J., Olesen, J. E., Krauss, M., ... Watson, C. A. (2019). Reviews and syntheses: Review of causes and sources of N2O emissions and NO3 leaching from organic arable crop rotations. Biogeosciences. 16(14), 2795-2819.
- Ntatsi, G., Karkanis, A., Yfantopoulos, D., Pappa, V., Konosonoka, I. H., Travlos, I., ... Savvas, D. (2018). Evaluation of the field performance, nitrogen fixation efficiency and competitive ability of pea landraces grown under organic and conventional farming systems. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science. 65(3), 294-307.
- Cayuela, M. L., Aguilera, E., Sanz-Cobena, A., Adams, D. C., Abalos, D., Barton, L., ... Lassaletta, L. (2017). Direct nitrous oxide emissions in Mediterranean climate cropping systems: Emission factors based on a meta-analysis of available measurement data. Agriculture Ecosystems & Environment. 238, 25-35.
- Scalise, A., Pappa, V. A., Gelsomino, A., & Rees, R. M. (2017). Pea cultivar and wheat residues affect carbon/nitrogen dynamics in pea-triticale intercropping: A microcosms approach.. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT. 592, 436-450.
- Baddeley, J. A., Pappa, V. A., Pristeri, A., Bergkvist, G., Monti, M., Reckling, M., Schläfke, N., & Watson, C. A. (2017). Legume-based green manure crops.. Legumes in cropping systems. (pp. 125-138). CABI.
- Williams, M., Pappa, V. A., & Rees, R. (2017). Nitrogen and phosphorus losses from legume-supported cropping.. Legumes in cropping systems. (pp. 37-54). CABI.
- Savvas, D., Pappa, V. A., Yfantopoulos, D., Karkanis, A., Travlos, I., Bebeli, P. J., Ntatsi, G., & Bilalis, D. (2017). Impact of organic practices on growth, yield, and greenhouse gas emissions by pea landraces. V INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON SEED, TRANSPLANT AND STAND ESTABLISHMENT OF HORTICULTURAL CROPS. 1164(1164), 77-84.
- Savvas, D., Pappa, V. A., Gizas, G., & Maglaras, L. (2005). INFLUENCE OF NACL CONCENTRATION IN THE IRRIGATION WATER ON SALT ACCUMULATION IN THE ROOT ZONE AND YIELD IN A CUCUMBER CROP GROWN IN A CLOSED HYDROPONIC SYSTEM. V INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON SEED, TRANSPLANT AND STAND ESTABLISHMENT OF HORTICULTURAL CROPS. 697(697), 93-98.