Agro-environmental science, carbon sequestration, water and energy management, climate change focusing on greenhouse gas measurements and mitigation in agricultural systems. Dr. Pappa makes significant contributions in the environmental sector by combining existing knowledge to improve methodologies and data analysis; and examining crops under different farming systems. Dr. Pappa also focuses on how efficient and integrated management of energy, food and water resources can help address several of the biggest global challenges, such as climate change, economic, environmental and social security, developing an overview of the current integration of energy, food and water. She explores how innovative approaches such as a circular economy may address future challenges.
- Ph.D. in Geoscience, University of Edinburgh - (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) 2009
- M.Sc. in Geoscience, University of Edinburgh - (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) 2005
- B.S. in Agriculture, Technological Educational Institute of Epirus - (Arta, Greece) 2003
- Ntatsi, G., Karkanis, A., Yfantopoulos, D., Pappa, V., Konosonoka, I. H., Travlos, I., ... Savvas, D. (2019). Evaluation of the field performance, nitrogen fixation efficiency and competitive ability of pea landraces grown under organic and conventional farming systems. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science. 65(3), 294-307.
- Hansen, S., Frøseth, R. B., Stenberg, M., Stalenga, J., Olesen, J. E., Krauss, M., ... Watson, C. A. (2019). Reviews and syntheses: Review of causes and sources of N
2O emissions and NO 3leaching from organic arable crop rotations. BIOGEOSCIENCES. 16(14), 2795-2819.
- Cayuela, M. L., Aguilera, E., Sanz-Cobena, A., Adams, D. C., Abalos, D., Barton, L., ... Lassaletta, L. (2017). Direct nitrous oxide emissions in Mediterranean climate cropping systems: Emission factors based on a meta-analysis of available measurement data. Agriculture Ecosystems & Environment. 238, 25-35.
- Scalise, A., Pappa, V. A., Gelsomino, A., & Rees, R. M. (2017). Pea cultivar and wheat residues affect carbon/nitrogen dynamics in pea-triticale intercropping: A microcosms approach. Science of The Total Environment. 592, 436-450.
- Iannetta, P., Young, M., Bachinger, J., Bergkvist, G., Doltra, J., Lopez-Bellido, R. J., ... Begg, G. S. (2016). A Comparative Nitrogen Balance and Productivity Analysis of Legume and Non-legume Supported Cropping Systems: The Potential Role of Biological Nitrogen Fixation. Frontiers in Plant Science. 7(NOVEMBER2016), 1700.
- Baddeley, J. A., Pappa, V. A., Pristeri, A., Bergkvist, G., Monti, M., Reckling, M., Schläfke, N., & Watson, C. A. (2017). Legume-based green manure crops. Legumes in Cropping Systems. (pp. 125-138).
- Williams, M., Pappa, V. A., & Rees, R. (2017). Nitrogen and phosphorus losses from legumesupported cropping. Legumes in Cropping Systems. (pp. 37-54).
- Savvas, D., Pappa, V. A., Yfantopoulos, D., Karkanis, A., Travlos, I., Bebeli, P. J., Ntatsi, G., & Bilalis, D. (2017). Impact of organic practices on growth, yield, and greenhouse gas emissions by pea landraces. PROCEEDINGS OF THE IVTH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ROSE RESEARCH AND CULTIVATION. 1164(1164), 77-84.
- Savvas, D., Pappa, V. A., Gizas, G., & Maglaras, L. (2005). Influence of NaCl concentration in the irrigation water on salt accumulation in the root zone and yield in a cucumber crop grown in a closed hydroponic system. PROCEEDINGS OF THE IVTH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ROSE RESEARCH AND CULTIVATION. 697(697), 93-99.