- Research Assistant Professor, Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
We are studying transcriptional regulation and the genomics of the mammary gland and the role of epigenetic events during mammary gland development and lactation. We use various genomics approaches to mammary gland biology and my laboratory has been using ChIP-seq, DNase-seq, ATAC-seq and other epigenomic approaches to determine chromosomal states at different developmental time points to determine the role of epigenetic regulation in mammary gland development and understand gene regulation in the mammary gland in general. We use transgenic mouse models to study gene regulation in mammary gland development and lactation.
- Baylor College of Medicine - (Houston, Texas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2001
- Ph.D. in Medical Biotechnology, Leiden University - (Leiden, Netherlands) 1997
- M.S. in Biochemistry, Leiden University - (Leiden, Netherlands) 1988
- Elswood, J., Pearson, S. J., Payne, H. R., Barhoumi, R., Rijnkels, M., & W Porter, W. (2020). Autophagy regulates functional differentiation of mammary epithelial cells. AUTOPHAGY. 1-19.
- Pearson, S. J., Elswood, J., Barhoumi, R., Ming-Whitfield, B., Rijnkels, M., & Porter, W. W. (2019). Loss of SIM2s inhibits RAD51 binding and leads to unresolved replication stress. Breast Cancer Res. 21(1), 125.
- Pearson, S. J., Roy Sarkar, T., McQueen, C. M., Elswood, J., Schmitt, E. E., Wall, S. W., ... Porter, W. W. (2019). ATM-dependent activation of SIM2s regulates homologous recombination and epithelial–mesenchymal transition. Oncogene. 38(14), 2611-2626.
- Fang, X., Ni, N., Lydon, J. P., Ivanov, I., Bayless, K. J., Rijnkels, M., & Li, Q. (2019). Enhancer of Zeste 2 Polycomb Repressive Complex 2 Subunit Is Required for Uterine Epithelial Integrity. American Journal Of Pathology. 189(6), 1212-1225.
- McQueen, C. M., Schmitt, E. E., Sarkar, T. R., Elswood, J., Metz, R. P., Earnest, D., Rijnkels, M., & Porter, W. W. (2018). PER2 regulation of mammary gland development. Development (Cambridge). 145(6), dev.157966-dev157966.