- Distinguished Professor, Civil Engineering, College of Engineering
- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Division of Research
- Vice Chancellor and Dean, College of Engineering, Texas A&M University
- Director, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Texas A&M University
As vice chancellor, I oversee coordination and collaboration among the engineering, academic and research programs at seven universities throughout the A&M System, as well as three state agencies: the Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service, and the Texas A&M Transportation Institute.
- Ph.D. in Civil & Environmental Engineering, Duke University - (Durham, North Carolina, United States) 1989
- M.S.E. in Environmental Engineering, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - (Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States) 1985
- B.S.E. in Environmental Engineering, University of Florida - (Gainesville, Florida, United States) 1982
- McLamore, E. S., Huffaker, R., Shupler, M., Ward, K., Datta, S., Katherine Banks, M., ... Foster, J. S. (2020). Digital Proxy of a Bio-Reactor (DIYBOT) combines sensor data and data analytics to improve greywater treatment and wastewater management systems. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 10(1), 8015.
- Li, S., Lei, Z., Yu, G., Xu, Q., Xu, W., Wu, R., & Banks, M. K. (2020). Recycling the Catalyst of Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization to Prepare a Cu, N Codoped Mesoporous Carbon Electrocatalyst for Oxygen Reduction. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering. 8(34), 12768-12774.
- Hassanzadeh, A., Rasekh, A., Galelli, S., Aghashahi, M., Taormina, R., Ostfeld, A., & Banks, M. K. (2020). A Review of Cybersecurity Incidents in the Water Sector. Journal of Environmental Engineering. 146(5), 03120003-03120003.
- Pan, S., Guo, R., Richardson, J. J., Berry, J. D., Besford, Q. A., Björnmalm, M., ... Caruso, F. (2019). Ricocheting Droplets Moving on Super‐Repellent Surfaces. Advanced Science. 6(21), 1901846-1901846.
- Chen, S., Xiang, Y., Peng, C., Xu, W., Banks, M. K., & Wu, R. (2019). Synthesis of a novel graphene-based gold nanocomposite using PVEIM- b -PNIPAM as a stabilizer and its thermosensitivity for the catalytic reduction of 4-nitrophenol. Inorganic Chemistry Frontiers. 6(4), 903-913.
- Aghashahi, M., Sundararajan, R., Pourahmadi, M., & Banks, M. K. (2017). Water Distribution Systems Analysis Symposium–Battle of the Attack Detection Algorithms (BATADAL). 101-108.
- Sankary, N., Oliker, N., Ostfeld, A., Rasekh, A., Wu, R., Banks, M. K., & Porterfield, M. (2015). Mobile Sensors for Water Quality Management in Water Distribution Systems. 792-801.
- Suresh, M. A., Smith, L., Rasekh, A., Stoleru, R., Banks, M. K., & Shihada, B. (2014). Mobile Sensor Networks for Leak and Backflow Detection in Water Distribution Systems. 2014 IEEE 28TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADVANCED INFORMATION NETWORKING AND APPLICATIONS (AINA). 673-680.
- Rasekh, A., Wu, R., Salim, W., & Banks, M. K. (2014). Operation of Mobile Sensors for Monitoring Municipal Drinking Water Distribution Systems. 362-367.
- Perelman, L., Salim, W., Wu, R., Park, J., Ostfeld, A., Banks, M. K., & Porterfield, D. M. (2013). Enhancing water distribution system security through water quality mobile sensor operation. 663-674.