Koola, Paul individual record
Professor of the Practice
- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES)
- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Division of Research
- Professor of the Practice, Ocean Engineering, College of Engineering
Applications of systems engineering, Machine Learning, and AI targeted to the marine domain including novel ocean infrastructure
Smart energy-absorbing structures (SEAS)
Energy stations at sea
Ocean renewable energy powered autonomous exploration vehicles
education and training
- M.B.A. in Technology Focus, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2000
- Ph.D. in Ocean Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras - (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India) 1991
- M.Tech. in Ocean Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras - (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India) 1985
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology - (Kochi, Kerala, India) 1983
- Ellahi, M., Abbas, G., Khan, I., Koola, P. M., Nasir, M., Raza, A., & Farooq, U. (2019). Recent Approaches of Forecasting and Optimal Economic Dispatch to Overcome Intermittency of Wind and Photovoltaic (PV) Systems: A Review. ENERGIES. 12(22), 4392-4392.
- Koola, P. M. (2018). Cybersecurity: A Deep Dive Into the Abyss. MARINE TECHNOLOGY SOCIETY JOURNAL. 52(5), 31-43.
- Koola, P. M., Ramachandran, S., & Vadakkeveedu, K. (2016). How do we train a stone to think? A review of machine intelligence and its implications. THEORETICAL ISSUES IN ERGONOMICS SCIENCE. 17(2), 211-238.
- Koola, P. M., Benjamin, P., Schatz, S., & Colombo, G. (2015). A methodology for capturing and fusing unconscious cognition with computation. 6TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON APPLIED HUMAN FACTORS AND ERGONOMICS (AHFE 2015) AND THE AFFILIATED CONFERENCES, AHFE 2015. 3, 4129-4135.
- Chakrabarti, S. K., & Koola, P. M. (2003). Hydroelastic analysis of a floating carpet in waves. FLUID STRUCTURE INTERACTION II. 36, 97-106.
- Koola, P. M., Ravindran, M., & Narayana, P. (2015). Model Studies of the oscillating water column device. Jayashankar, V. (Eds.), The Technical Journey of the Indian Wave Energy Plant. 24-36.
- Koola, P. M., & Jagadeesh Kumar, V. (2015). Modelling of power modules for OWC based wave energy plants. Jayashankar, V. (Eds.), The Technical Journey of the Indian Wave Energy Plant. 89-105.
- Mala, K., Jayaraj, J., Jayashankar, V., Koola, P. M., Swaminathan, G., Jagaeesh Kumar, V., Santhakumar, S., & Ravindran, M. (2015). Twin wells turbine and impulse turbines tested on wave energy plant at Vizhinjam. Jayashankar, V. (Eds.), The Technical Journey of the Indian Wave Energy Plant - National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT). 106-131.
- Mullen, A. N., Koola, P. M., & Girimaji, S. S. (2023). A Study of Multiple Wave Probe Methods to Resolve Wave Reflections. Day 1 Wed, March 08, 2023, Day 1 Wed, March 08, 2023.
- Benjamin, P., Koola, P., Akella, K., Graul, M., & Painter, M. (2013). Using Simulation Based Training Methods for Improved Warfighter Decision Making. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). 8027, 11-20.
- Hamilton, J., Fernandes, R., Koola, P., & Jones, C. H. (2007). IHAL-based instrumentation configuration management tools. Proceedings of the International Telemetering Conference. 43,
- Hamilton, J., Fernandes, R., Koola, P., & Jones, C. H. (2006). An overview of an instrumentation hardware abstraction language. Proceedings of the International Telemetering Conference. 42,
- Fernandes, R., Graul, M., Koola, P., Garner, M., & Jones, C. H. (2005). An aircraft T&E methodology based on the IEEE 1451 family of standards. Proceedings of the International Telemetering Conference. 41,
in the news
- Students create underwater robots in new graduate course at Galveston TAMU September 15, 2021
- Galveston campus launches inaugural eSMART competition TAMU August 19, 2020
awards and honors
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship conferred by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation - (Bonn, Germany) - Force Dissipating Ocean Structures 1997
- U.S. Scholar conferred by Fulbright Association - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) - Ocean Energy - Stevens Institute of Technology, NJ 1987
recent teaching activities
- ENGR102 Engr Lab I Computation Instructor
- ENGR102 Engr Lab I Computation Instructor
- ENGR102 Engr Lab I Computation - Gv Instructor
- ENGR102 Engr Lab I Computation-gv Instructor
- ENGR111 Hnr-foundations Of Engr I Instructor
Texas A&M University; Ocean Engineering; PMEC 132, 200 Seawolf Pkwy
Galveston, TX 77554