My research focuses on curriculum development, geography, history, the history of education, and program evaluation.
education and training
- Ozfidan, B., Burlbaw, L. M., & Kocabas, S. (2018). Investigating Attitudes towards a Bilingual Education Curriculum: A Scale Development Study. Revista de Cercetare si Interventie Sociala. 62(September), 9-20.
- Zhu, G., Waxman, H., Rivera, H., & Burlbaw, L. M. (2018). The Micropolitics of Student Teachers' Professional Vulnerability During Teaching Practicums: A Chinese Perspective. Asia-Pacific Education Researcher. 27(2), 155-165.
- Ozfidan, B., & Burlbaw, L. M. (2017). Development, Validation, and Application for a Bilingual Education Curriculum in Turkey. EURASIA JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICS SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION. 13(10), 6659-6669.
- Ozfidan, B., Burlbaw, L., & Kuo, L. (2016). Perceptions of an Anticipated Bilingual Education Program in Turkey. International Education Studies. 9(10), 174-174.
- Eslami, Z. R., Kim, H., Wright, K. L., & Burlbaw, L. M. (2014). THE ROLE OF LEARNER SUBJECTIVITY AND KOREAN ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERSâ€™ PRAGMATIC CHOICES. Lodz Papers in Pragmatics. 10(1),
- Burlbaw, L. M., Ortwein, M. J., & Williams, J. K. (2013). The project method in historical context. STEM Project-Based Learning an Integrated Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Approach. (pp. 7-14). SensePublishers.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Kocabas, Sezai (2018-08). STEM Education in the United States. (Master's Thesis)
- Martinez, Allison (2017-12). Determining Success On The Kindergarten Developmental Reading Assessment and Texas Proficiency Reading Inventory Assessments. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ozfidan, Burhan (2017-08). The Development of a Bilingual Education Curriculum in Turkey: A Mixed Method Study. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Freer-Alvarez, Trudy Ann (2016-05). The Impact of a Project-Based Learning Comprehensive School Reform on Student Achievement in a Group of High-Population Bilingual Urban Campuses. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Waller, Kristina Elizabeth (2016-05). An Examination of Preservice Teachers' Understanding of Diversity and Cultural Awareness after Participating in a Family Heritage Experience. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Teaching, Learning And Culture (Tlac); 4232 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4232