Catalysis and photo-catalysis of hydrogen-based fuels from water and sun light
Electrocatalysis and photo-electrocatalysis of fuels and chemicals from carbon dioxide
Electrochemical and photo-electrochemical ammonia generation from water and air
High-energy and fast-charging electrochemical supercapacitors
Advanced materials and technologies for batteries and fuel cells
Low-cost and efficient two-dimensional (2D) materials by design
High-surface area and electronically conductive transition metal carbides and nitrides
State-of-the-art in-situ spectroelectrochemical techniques
Mechanistic studies at user facilities: NREL, Argonne National Lab, Oak Ridge National Lab
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) 2016
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Prairie View A&M University - (Prairie View, Texas, United States) 2011
- Johnson, D., Hunter, B., Christie, J., King, C., Kelley, E., & Djire, A. (2022). Ti2N nitride MXene evokes the Mars-van Krevelen mechanism to achieve high selectivity for nitrogen reduction reaction. Scientific Reports. 12(1), 657.
- Johnson, D., Qiao, Z., Uwadiunor, E., & Djire, A. (2022). Holdups in Nitride MXene's Development and Limitations in Advancing the Field of MXene. Small. 18(17), 2106129-2106129.
- Uwadiunor, E., Johnson, D., Hansen, K., & Djire, A. (2022). Controlling the Surface Reactivity of Hybrid Ti 3 CN MXene via Insitu Electrocatalysis. ChemCatChem.
- Johnson, D., Hansen, K., Yoo, R., & Djire, A. (2022). Elucidating the Charge Storage Mechanism on Ti 3 C 2 MXene through In Situ Raman Spectroelectrochemistry. ChemElectroChem. 9(18),
- Johnson, D., Lai, H., Hansen, K., Balbuena, P. B., & Djire, A. (2022). Hydrogen evolution reaction mechanism on Ti3C2 MXene revealed by in situ/operando Raman spectroelectrochemistry.. Nanoscale. 14(13), 5068-5078.