My research is focused on developing research tools and protocols needed for the quantification and utilization of distributional characteristics of cotton fiber quality. These advancements will provide researchers with a better understanding of cotton fiber as an industrial raw material. My research also facilitates the development of germplasm that exhibits improved spinning performance along with spun yarn quality.
- Thompson, C. N., Hendon, B. R., Mishra, D., Rieff, J. M., Lowery, C. C., Lambert, K. C., ... Auld, D. L. (2019). Cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) mutants with reduced levels of palmitic acid (C16:0) in seed lipids. Euphytica. 215(6),
- McCormick, K. M., Morais, J., Hequet, E., & Kelly, B. (2019). Development of the correction procedure for High Volume Instrument elongation measurement. Textile Research Journal. 004051751982900-004051751982900.
- Hendon, B. R., Bechere, E., Witt, T. W., Kelly, B. R., Mishra, D., & Auld, D. L. (2019). Genetic improvement of naked-tufted seed mutants in upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Euphytica. 215(4),
- Ayele, A. G., Kelly, B. R., & Hequet, E. F. (2018). Evaluating within-plant variability of cotton fiber length and maturity. AGRONOMY JOURNAL. 110(1), 47-55.
- Schaefer, C. R., Ritchie, G. L., Bordovsky, J. P., Lewis, K., & Kelly, B. (2018). Irrigation timing and rate affect cotton boll distribution and fiber quality. AGRONOMY JOURNAL. 110(3), 922-931.