Pate, Michael individual record
- Professor, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
My areas of energy expertise are broad and I am open to pursuing research in new energy areas.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 1982
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Arkansas at Little Rock - (Little Rock, Arkansas, United States) 1978
- B.S. in Naval Engineering, United States Naval Academy - (Annapolis, Maryland, United States) 1970
- Yang, P., Pate, M. B., & Strzelec, A. (2020). Gasoline Particulate Filter Substrate Heterogeneity Effects on Its Performance. SAE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGINES. 13(1), 49-62.
- Claridge, D. E., Culp, C., Liu, W., Pate, M., Haberl, J., Bynum, J., Tanskyi, O., & Schaff, F. (2019). A new approach for drying moist air: The ideal Claridge-Culp-Liu dehumidification process with membrane separation, vacuum compression and sub-atmospheric condensation. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF REFRIGERATION-REVUE INTERNATIONALE DU FROID. 101, 211-217.
- Yin, P., & Pate, M. B. (2019). An energy and life-cycle cost comparison of residential PSC and ECM blower systems operating at excess pressures due to restrictive ducts. JOURNAL OF BUILDING ENGINEERING. 22, 305-313.
- Yin, P., Pate, M., & Battaglia, F. (2019). In-field performance evaluation and economic analysis of residential ground source heat pumps in heating operation. Journal of Building Engineering. 26, 100932-100932.
- Yang, P., Pate, M. B., & Strzelec, A. (2019). Throat Unit Collector Modeling of Gasoline Particulate Filter Performance. SAE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGINES. 12(4), 417-426.
- Yin, P., Pate, M. B., & Sweeney, J. F. (2016). A Method of Efficacy Estimation for ECM Blowers in Residential Gas Furnaces by Using Blower Rotational Speed. 2016 ASHRAE ANNUAL CONFERENCE PAPERS.
- Sweeney, J. F., & Pate, M. (2015). Life cycle costs and field performance studies of a domestic rainwater harvesting application in a humid, sub-tropical, metropolitan environment. World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2015: Floods, Droughts, and Ecosystems, World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2015. 334-343.
- Yin, P., Sweeney, J. F., & Pate, M. B. (2014). The Impact of an ECM Blower on the System Performance of a 5-ton Air Conditioner. ASHRAE TRANSACTIONS 2014, VOL 120, PT 2. 120,
- Yin, P., Sweeney, J. F., & Pate, M. B. (2014). Impact of external static pressure on residential heating and cooling energy use in hot climates. 2014 ASHRAE/IBPSA-USA Building Simulation Conference. 410-416.
- Yin, P., Sweeney, J. F., & Pate, M. B. (2014). Residential bathroom exhaust fan energy performance evaluations conducted in a well-instrumented laboratory environment. Indoor Air 2014 - 13th International Conference on Indoor Air Quality and Climate. 508-515.
awards and honors
- Outstanding Professor Award conferred by The Engineers Council 2004
recent teaching activities
- ENGR684 Professional Internship: In-ab Instructor
- ITDE485 Directed Studies Instructor
- MEEN435 Compressed Air Systems Instructor
- MEEN436 Prin Heat Vent & A/c Instructor
- MEEN437 Prin Bldg Energy Analy Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Collins, Ryan Steven (2016-12). Range Hood Capture Efficiency Design Modeling. (Master's Thesis)
- Sakurai, Yasuko (2016-12). Energy Consumption and Financial Impact from Capital Projects at Utilities & Energy Services, Texas A&M University. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Young, James Tirtowijoyo (2016-08). A Compressed Air System Model for Analysis and Design. (Master's Thesis)
- Assuncao, Felipe Leite (2016-08). A Numerical Performance Analysis of Heat Recovery Ventilators with Staggered-Baffle Channels. (Master's Thesis)
- Sweeney, James F (2015-12). The Evaluation of the Sustainability of a Modern Residential Dwelling in a Humid Subtropical Environment. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Mechanical Engineering; 3123 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3123