Quiram, Barbara individual record
My research focuses on rural emergency preparedness/bioterrorism, rural public health systems/infrastructure, health policy, public health workforce competencies, and rural community development.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Urban and Regional Science, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1995
- M.P.H. in Public Administration, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1991
- B.S. in Health Care Administration, Saint Joseph's College - (Standish, Maine, United States) 1982
- Gill, A. C., West, C., Watzak, B., Quiram, B., Pillow, T., & Graham, L. (2016). Twelve Tips for Curriculum Sharing and Implementation: Dont Reinvent the Wheel. MedEdPublish. 5, 149-149.
- West, C., Veronin, M., Landry, K., Kurz, T., Watzak, B., Quiram, B., & Graham, L. (2015). Tools to investigate how interprofessional education activities link to competencies.. Med Educ Online. 20(1), 28627-28627.
- Griffith, J. M., Kay Carpender, S., Crouch, J. A., & Quiram, B. J. (2014). A public health hazard mitigation planning process.. J Public Health Manag Pract. 20 Suppl 5(&NA;), S69-S75.
- Artzberger, J. J., Carpender, S. K., Griffith, J. M., Pennel, C. L., & Quiram, B. J (2009). The Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Planning Project: An Evaluation of Strategies for Engaging Rural Community Partners. Texas Public Health Journal. 61(4), 48-51.
- Pennel, C. L., Carpender, S. K., & Quiram, B. J. (2008). Rural health roundtables: a strategy for collaborative engagement in and between rural communities.. Rural Remote Health. 8(4), 1054.
- Quiram, B. J., Ali, N., & Babicz, K. (2015). Rural Public Health Infrastructure. Bolin, J. N., Bellamy, G., Ferdinand, A. O., Kash, B. A., & Helduser, J. W. (Eds.), Rural Healthy People 2020 Volume 2. 67-74. Texas A&M Health Science Center School of Public Health, Southwest Rural Health Research Center.
- Quiram, B. J., & Carpender, S. K. (2009). Information Technology and Data Systems in Disaster Preparedness for Healthcare and the Broader Community. Dwivedi, A. N. (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Information Technology Management and Clinical Data Administration in Healthcare. 247-263. IGI Global.
recent teaching activities
- PHPM639 Global Health Instructor
- PHPM644 Tx Trng Initve For Emerg Resp Instructor
- PHPM645 Critical Issues In Hlth Plcy Instructor
- PHPM685 Directed Study Instructor
- PHPM686 Directed Research Instructor
Texas A&M Health Science Center; School Of Rural Public Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843-1266