Irby, Beverly individual record
Professor and Associate Dean
- PROFESSOR and ASSOCIATE DEAN, Educational Administration and Human Resource Development, School of Education and Human Development
My primary research interests center on issues of social responsibility, including bilingual and Englishas- a-second-language education, administrative structures, curriculum, and instructional strategies.
education and training
- Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction and Leadership, University of Mississippi - (Oxford, Mississippi, United States) 1983
- M.Ed. in , University of Mississippi - (Oxford, Mississippi, United States) 1977
- B.S.Ed. in , Delta State University - (Cleveland, Mississippi, United States) 1975
- Hayes, S. D., & Irby, B. J. (2020). Challenges in preparing aspiring principals for instructional leadership: voices from the field. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF LEADERSHIP IN EDUCATION. 23(2), 131-151.
- Tong, F., Tang, S., Irby, B. J., Lara-Alecio, R., & Guerrero, C. (2020). The determination of appropriate coefficient indices for inter-rater reliability: Using classroom observation instruments as fidelity measures in large-scale randomized research. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH. 99, 101514-101514.
- Tong, F., Tang, S., Irby, B. J., Lara-Alecio, R., Guerrero, C., & Lopez, T. (2019). A process for establishing and maintaining inter-rater reliability for two observation instruments as a fidelity of implementation measure: A large-scale randomized controlled trial perspective. STUDIES IN EDUCATIONAL EVALUATION. 62, 18-29.
- Garza, T., Huerta, M., Tong, F., Lara-Alecio, R., & Irby, B. J. (2019). A survival analysis of a language-infused science inquiry intervention for English learners. JOURNAL OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH. 112(3), 377-384.
- Lara-Alecio, R., Irby, B. J., Tong, F., Guerrero, C., Koch, J., & Sutton-Jones, K. L. (2019). Assessing Conceptual Understanding via Literacy-Infused, Inquiry-Based Science among Middle School English Learners and Economically-Challenged Students. EDUCATION SCIENCES. 8(1), 27-27.
- Nafukho, F. M., & Irby, B. J. (2015). Handbook of Research on Innovative Technology Integration in Higher Education. IGI Global.
- Irby, B. J., Sutton-Jones, K. L., Lara-Alecio, R., & Tong, F. (2016). Informal Individual Learning via Virtual Professional Development. Professional Development and Workplace Learning. 23-35. IGI Global.
- Abdelrahman, N., & Irby, B. J. (2016). The Perception of Faculty Members on Hybrid Learning. Blended Learning. 1620-1647. IGI Global.
- Irby, B. J., Johnson, D., Abdelrahman, N., Gonzalez, E. M., Lara-Alecio, R., & Tong, F. (2016). A Website Analysis of Mentoring Programs for Latina Faculty at the 25 Top-Ranked National Universities. Global Co-Mentoring Networks in Higher Education. 27-54. Springer Nature.
- Abdelrahman, N., & Irby, B. J. (2016). Education and the Arab Spring. Mohamed, E., Gerber, H. R., & Aboulkacem, S. (Eds.), Education and the Arab Spring: Resistance, Reform, and Democracy. 25-47. SensePublishers.
- Irby, B. J., Abdelrahman, N., Tang, S., Yang, P. L., Phuong, T., Tong, F., & Lara-Alecio, R. (2016). Science achievement among economically challenged students in the United States: A scoping analysis. Science Education towards Inclusion. 91-115.
in the news
- A&M-Commerce Educational Leadership Professor to be Honored by ICPEL eParis Extra October 15, 2020
- Treat of the Day: New children's book helps kids understand COVID-19 KBTX July 13, 2020
- Texas A&M University Gencyber Grant awarded by DOD-National Security Agency 2019 - 2020
- Texas A&M University GenCyber Grant awarded by DOD-National Security Agency 2018 - 2019
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
- CEHD300 Cehd Study Abroad Instructor
- EDAD605 School Principalship Instructor
- EDAD684 Internship Instructor
- EDAD685 Directed Studies Instructor
- EDAD690 Th Edad Rsrch: Prop Rep Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Morgan, Elyse Lenore (2018-08). Implementation of Response to Intervention: A Case Study in a Texas Education Agency Designated Other Central City Suburban School District. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Abdelrahman, Nahed Aaed Mubarak (2018-05). An Analysis of State and University Policies on Principal Preparation Programs. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Harper, Ilene Brown (2017-12). High School Leaders' Perceptions on Disproportionality in School Discipline among African-American Students. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Guerrero, Nancy Aguilar (2016-08). An Examination of Leadership Practices in High-Performing Texas Elementary Schools Promoting Academic Achievement for Hispanic English Language Learners. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Tabron, Lolita Antoinette (2016-08). The Effects of the Texas Top 10% Plan on High School to University Feeder Patterns and Diploma Types. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Educational Adm & Human Resources Development; 4226 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4225