My lab investigates the roles of early inflammation in tissue damage and wound healing following spinal cord injury. We employ genetic and pharmacological methods to study how immune receptors (e.g. L-selection) and signaling pathways alter the accumulation and activation of early arriving immune cells, predominantly neutrophils. We are also developing new three-dimensional imaging strategies to characterize inflammation and tissue damage after spinal cord injury. Utilizing tissue clearing techniques and lightsheet microscopy, we can visualize the spatiotemporal effects of spinal cord injury in a manner previously unachievable with traditional imaging modalities. With the knowledge gained from these studies, we aim to develop novel neuroprotective strategies to reduce inflammatory damage and improve long-term recovery for the spinal cord injured patient.
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis - (St Louis, Missouri, United States) 2013
- B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, University of Utah - (Salt Lake City, Utah, United States) 2008
- Cappenberg, A., Margraf, A., Thomas, K., Bardel, B., McCreedy, D. A., Van Marck, V., ... Zarbock, A. (2019). L-selectin shedding affects bacterial clearance in the lung - a new regulatory pathway for integrin-outside-in signaling.. BLOOD. blood.2019000685-blood.2019000685.
- McCreedy, D. A., Lee, S., Sontag, C. J., Weinstein, P., Olivas, A. D., Martinez, A. F., ... Noble-Haeusslein, L. J. (2018). Early Targeting of L-Selectin on Leukocytes Promotes Recovery after Spinal Cord Injury, Implicating Novel Mechanisms of Pathogenesis.. eNeuro. 5(4), ENEURO.0101-18.2018.
- Isaacson, D., Shen, J., McCreedy, D., Calvert, M., McDevitt, T., Cunha, G., & Baskin, L. (2018). Lightsheet fluorescence microscopy of branching human fetal kidney.. KIDNEY INTERNATIONAL. 93(2), 525-389.
- Isaacson, D., Shen, J., Overland, M., Li, Y. i., Sinclair, A., Cao, M., ... Baskin, L. (2018). Three-dimensional imaging of the developing human fetal urogenital-genital tract: Indifferent stage to male and female differentiation.. DIFFERENTIATION. 103, 14-23.
- Isaacson, D., Shen, J., McCreedy, D., Calvert, M., Cunha, G., & Baskin, L. (2017). Dichotomous Branching of Human Fetal Lung Demonstrated with Light Sheet Fluorescence Microscopy.. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF RESPIRATORY AND CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE. 196(11), 1476-1477.