As a bioengineer, I have a broad background in biomedical science and engineering, with specific training and expertise in novel biomaterials design/fabrication, controlled protein release, and the use of stem cells for bone, dental and other tissues repair and regeneration. Some of the our current research projects include:
1. Development of novel biomimetic materials/scaffolds for dental and craniofacial tissue regeneration.
2. Development of controlled drug/growth factor delivery system
3. Development of bio-inspired platform to explore cell-material interactions in three-dimension (3D).
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2010
- Ph.D. in Polymer Chemistry, Tsinghua University - (Beijing, Beijing, China) 2002
- B.E. in Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University - (Beijing, Beijing, China) 1997
- Liang, Y., Luan, X., & Liu, X. (2020). Recent advances in periodontal regeneration: A biomaterial perspective. Bioactive Materials. 5(2), 297-308.
- Jing, D., Zhang, S., Luo, W., Gao, X., Men, Y., Ma, C., ... Zhao, H. (2019). Author Correction: Tissue clearing of both hard and soft tissue organs with the PEGASOS method (Cell Research, (2018), 28, 8, (803-818), 10.1038/s41422-018-0049-z). Cell Research. 29(6), 506-506.
- Li, X., Liu, X., Ni, S., Liu, Y., Sun, H., & Lin, Q. (2019). Enhanced osteogenic healing process of rat tooth sockets using a novel simvastatin-loaded injectable microsphere-hydrogel system. Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Wu, R. X., He, X. T., Zhu, J. H., Yin, Y., Li, X., Liu, X., & Chen, F. M. (2019). Modulating macrophage responses to promote tissue regeneration by changing the formulation of bone extracellular matrix from filler particles to gel bioscaffolds. Materials Science and Engineering C. 101, 330-340.
- Liang, Y., Hu, Z., Chang, B., & Liu, X. (2019). Quantitative characterizations of the Sharpey's fibers of rat molars.. Journal of Periodontal Research.
- Hu, Z., & Liu, X. (2019). Immunomodulatory ECM-like nanofibrous microspheres for accelerated bone regeneration in diabetes mellitus. Transactions of the Annual Meeting of the Society for Biomaterials and the Annual International Biomaterials Symposium. 40, 102.
- Liu, X. (2015). Gelatin-based Injectable hydrogels for Enhanced Angiogenesis. TISSUE ENGINEERING PART A. 21, S286-S286.
- Liu, X., Smith, L. A., Hu, J., & Ma, P. X. (2008). Nano-fibrous gelatin/apatite composite scaffolds for bone tissue engineering. 3, 1646.
- Liu, X., Won, Y., & Ma, P. X. (2004). Surface engineering of nano-fibrous biodegradable poly(L-lactic acid) scaffolds for tissue engineering. FRACTAL ASPECTS OF MATERIALS. 823, 243-248.
- Liu, X. H., Won, Y. J., & Ma, P. X. (2004). Surface modification of biodegradable poly(Î±-hydroxy acids) scaffolds for tissue engineering. 212.
- Ahuja, Neelam (2017-05). Development of a Demineralized Dentin Matrix Hydrogel for Dental Pulp Regeneration. (Master's Thesis)
- Arora, Akshi (2014-05). Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Fluorescent Injectable Micro-Carriers for Tissue Regeneration. (Master's Thesis)