My research has focused on instructional development to increase teachers' effectiveness in teaching reading development, and reading comprehension in diverse disciplines including social studies, science, probabilistic thinking and climate forecasting. A primary interest is in the acquisition of reading foundational skills in preschool through 3rd grade as they relate to both print and language exposure prior to formal reading instruction.
- Paige, D. D., Smith, G. S., Rasinski, T. V., Rupley, W. H., Magpuri-Lavell, T., & Nichols, W. D. (2019). A path analytic model linking foundational skills to Grade 3 state reading achievement. The Journal of Educational Research. 112(1), 110-120.
- Lumbreras, R., & Rupley, W. H. (2019). A tale of two hispanic migrants: Lessons in building educational leadership traits. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research. 18(3), 15-35.
- Lumbrears, R., & Rupley, W. H. (2019). Educational experiences of ELL educators: searching for instructional insights to promote ELL students’ learning. Educational Research for Policy and Practice. 18(1), 17-38.
- Paige, D. D., Rupley, W. H., Smith, G. S., Olinger, C., & Leslie, M. (2018). Acquisition of Letter Naming Knowledge, Phonological Awareness, and Spelling Knowledge of Kindergarten Children at Risk for Learning to Read. Child Development Research. 2018, 1-10.
- Barron, E. R., Rupley, W. H., Paige, D., Dee Nichols, W., Nichols, J., & Lumbreras, R. (2018). Middle school teachers' knowledge and use of comprehension strategies in discipline instruction. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research. 17(10), 1-17.
Institutional Repository Documents1
- Rupley, W. H., Paige, D. D., Rasinski, T. V., & Slough, S. W. (2015). Multi-Touch Tablets, E-Books, and an Emerging Multi-Coding/Multi-Sensory Theory for Reading Science e-Textbooks: Considering the Struggling Reader.
- Henderson, Daphne Carr (2016-05). Triangulating Teacher Perception, Classroom Observations, and Student Work to Evaluate Secondary Writing Programs. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Brabham, Beth C (2016-05). Secondary English Teachers' Perceptions and Implementation of Professional Development in the Area of Writing. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lumbreras, Ricardo (2016-05). Investigating Educational Experiences of ELL Educators: Searching for Instructional Insights To Promote ELL Students' Learning. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ritz, Catherine T (2015-12). Making the Shift: Supporting World Language Teachers in Moving to a Communicative Curriculum. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Phillips, Debra K. (2014-12). The Impact of a Multi-Layered Approach to Professional Development on Early Reading Aquisition. (Doctoral Dissertation)