Fernandez, Carlos individual record
- Associate Professor, Corpus Christi Research and Extension Center, Texas A&M AgriLIFE Extension, Texas A&M AgriLife Research
- Associate Professor, Soil and Crop Sciences, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
General focus on farming systems research involving agronomic research, crop management, and applications of precision farming technologies to field crops in the lower Coastal Bend region of Texas. More recent specific research focus include development of Web-based decision support system for crop managers (weather station network, simulation models), drought tolerance in cotton and sugarcane, and physiological responses of microalgae to environmental production factors (light, temperature, and supply of nutrients and CO2), remote sensing of crops for high-throughput phenotyping and field diagnosing of plant growth and development.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Soil and Crop Sciences, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1989
- Yang, C., Odvody, G. N., Fernandez, C. J., Landivar, J. A., Minzenmayer, R. R., & Nichols, R. L. (2015). Evaluating unsupervised and supervised image classification methods for mapping cotton root rot. PRECISION AGRICULTURE. 16(2), 201-215.
- Yang, C., Odvody, G., Fernandez, C., Landivar, J., Minzenmayer, R., Nichols, R., & Thomasson, J. (2014). Monitoring Cotton Root Rot Progression within a Growing Season Using Airborne Multispectral Imagery. JOURNAL OF COTTON SCIENCE. 18(1), 85-93.
- Fromme, D (2014). Effects of Two Planting Patterns and Plant Densities on the Productivity and Profitability of Cotton. American Journal of Experimental Agriculture. 4(2), 130-141.
- Fromme, D. D., Grichar, W. J., Dotray, P. A., & Fernandez, C. J (2013). Grain Sorghum Tolerance and Weed Control with Pyrasulfotole plus Bromoxynil Combinations. Crop Management. 12(1), 1-9.
- Fromme, D. D., Fernandez, C. J., Grichar, W. J., & Jahn, R. L. (2012). Grain Sorghum Response to Hybrid, Row Spacing, and Plant Populations along the Upper Texas Gulf Coast. International Journal of Agronomy. 2012, 1-5.
- Enciso, J., Garza, A., Nelson, S., Ribera, L., Landivar, J., Fernandez, C., & Enciso-Siller, J. (2014). An internet program for managing irrigation. American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers Annual International Meeting 2014, ASABE 2014. 5, 3238-3244.
- Fernandez, C. J., Yang, C., & Everitt, J. H (2006). Method for evaluation of cotton root rot control practices using airborne high-resolution digital imagery. American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing - 20th Biennial Workshop on Aerial Photography, Videography, and High Resolution Digital Imagery for Resource Assessment 2005. 348-357.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Maeda, Murilo M. (2015-12). Effects of 1-methylcyclopropene (1-MCP) on Growth, Yield, and Physiological Parameters of Field Grown Cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Maeda, Murilo Minekawa 1985- (2012-12). Advanced Analysis of the Responses of Cotton Genotypes Growing Under Water Stress. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M AgriLife Research; Soil & Crop Science; 9999 TAMUS
Corpus Christi, TX 78406