My research focuses on innovative ways to conduct qualitative research with regard to higher education policy and organizations. I also teach graduate level courses in higher education administration, higher education policy, and diversity issues in postsecondary institutions.
- D.Ed. in Educational Leadership, University of Southern California - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 2005
- M.Ed. in Post secondary Administration and Student Affairs, University of Southern California - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 2002
- M.M. in Classical Music Performance, University of Southern California - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 1995
- B.S. in Recording Arts/Audio Engineering, University of Southern California - (Los Angeles, California, United States) 1992
- Lechuga, V. M. (2014). A motivation perspective on faculty mentoring: the notion of non-intrusive mentoring practices in science and engineering. Higher Education. (6),
- Lechuga, V. M (2012). Emotional Management and Motivation: A Case Study of Underrepresented Faculty. New Directions for Institutional Research. 2012(155), 85-98.
- Desiderio, A., & Lechuga, V. M (2012). The Global Growth of Private Higher Education (review). The Review of Higher Education. 35(4), 656-658.
- Lechuga, V. M. (2011). Faculty-graduate student mentoring relationships: mentors perceived roles and responsibilities. Higher Education. (6),
- Lechuga, V. M., Clerc, L. N., & Howell, A. K (2009). Power, Privilege, and Learning: Facilitating Encountered Situations to Promote Social Justice. Journal of College Student Development. 50(2), 229-244.
- Lechuga, V. M (2016). The Changing Landscape of the Academic Profession Faculty Culture at For-Profit Colleges and Universities. Routledge.
- Pasque, P. A. (2016). Qualitative Inquiry in Higher Education Organization and Policy Research. Routledge.
- Lechuga, V. M (2005). The Changing Landscape of the Academic Profession. Routledge.
- (2012). For-Profit Colleges and Universities Their Markets, Regulation, Performance, and Place in Higher Education. Stylus Publishing, LLC..
- Lewis, Jesse Marcus Shelton (2018-12). The Impact of Accreditation on Institutional Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes: A Case Study of Historically Black Colleges and Universities. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Harrell, Kristen Arlene (2017-12). Nonverbal Indicators of Sexual Consent in College Students. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Gallant, Danny Ray (2015-12). An Examination of the Transition of Military Veterans to College. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Brewer, Robert A. (2015-12). Senior University Administrators' Perceptions of Purpose and Value Transmission Based on Organizational Identity at their Home and Branch Campus. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Beard, Ryan Jamail (2014-12). Analysis of State Appropriations to Higher Education: Florida and Texas. (Doctoral Dissertation)