Jian Tao is a TEES Research Scientist / Computational Scientist / Adjunct Professor at Texas A&M University. He is affiliated with the Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station, the Texas A&M High Performance Research Computing, the Texas A&M Institute of Data Science, and the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering at Texas A&M University. He received his Ph.D in Physics (Computational Astrophysics) from Washington University in St. Louis in 2008. He is a contributor of the SPEC CPU 2017 benchmark suite. He is also an NVIDIA DLI University Ambassador and XSEDE Campus Champion at Texas A&M University. His research interests include computational physics, high performance computing, parallel programming, numerical algorithms, computational framework, data analytics, machine learning, and workflow management.
- Ph.D. in Physics (Computational Astrophysics), Washington University in St. Louis - (St Louis, Missouri, United States) 2008
- B.S. in Space Physics, University of Science and Technology of China - (Hefei, China) 2000
- Huang, F., Tie, B. o., Tao, J., Tan, X., & Ma, Y. (2019). Methodology and optimization for implementing cluster-based parallel geospatial algorithms with a case study. Cluster Computing. 1-32.
- Huang, F., Chen, Y., Li, L. i., Zhou, J. i., Tao, J., Tan, X., & Fan, G. (2019). Implementation of the parallel mean shift-based image segmentation algorithm on a GPU cluster. International Journal of Digital Earth. 12(3), 1-26.
- Aydin, B., Selvi, E., Tao, J., & Starek, M. J. (2019). Use of Fire-Extinguishing Balls for a Conceptual System of Drone-Assisted Wildfire Fighting. Drones. 3(1), 17-17.
- Huang, F., Lu, J., Tao, J., Li, L. i., Tan, X., & Liu, P. (2019). Research on Optimization Methods of ELM Classification Algorithm for Hyperspectral Remote Sensing Images. IEEE ACCESS. 7, 108070-108089.
- Tie, B. o., Huang, F., Tao, J., Lu, J., & Qiu, D. (2018). A Parallel and Optimization Approach for Land-Surface Temperature Retrieval on a Windows-Based PC Cluster. SUSTAINABILITY. 10(3), 621-621.
- Mizusawa, N., Kon, J., Seki, Y., Tao, J., & Yamaguchi, S. (2019). Improving I/O Performance in Container with OverlayFS. 5395.
- Peng, S., Huang, F., Tao, J., Tie, B. o., Lu, J., & Zhang, X. (2018). Fast 3D map reconstruction using dense visual simultaneous localization and mapping based on unmanned aerial vehicle. 2018-July, 5712-5715.
- Mizusawa, N., Tao, J., Kon, J., Yamaguchi, S., & Seki, Y. (2018). Performance improvement of file operations on overlayfs for containers. 297-302.
- Kon, J., Mizusawa, N., Umezawa, A., Yamaguchi, S., & Tao, J. (2018). Highly consolidated servers with container-based virtualization. 2018-January, 2472-2479.
- Zhu, Q., Huang, F., Lu, J., Tao, J., Zheng, J., Li, L. i., & Lan, B. o. (2017). Research on the implementation of multi-source remote sensing image management system based on B/S architecture. 2017-July, 5233-5236.