Dr. David Anderson is a Professor and Extension Economist in the Department of Agricultural Economics at Texas A&M University. His extension education and research activities are in livestock, and food products marketing and agricultural policy. He is the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Livestock and Food Products Marketing economist. Dr. Anderson's program has focused research on livestock markets and the impact of alternative farm programs on the livestock, dairy and crop sectors of agriculture. Recent extension programs have focused on livestock market outlook and farm programs.
- Fei, C. J., Vedenov, D. V., Stevens, R. B., & Anderson, D. P. (2021). Single-Commodity versus Joint Hedging in Cattle Feeding Cycle: Is Joint Hedging Always Essential?. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 46(3), 464-478.
- Maples, J. G., Thompson, J. M., Anderson, J. D., & Anderson, D. P. (2021). Estimating COVID ‐19 Impacts on the Broiler Industry. Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy. 43(1), 315-328.
- Carpenter, C. W., Anderson, D., & Dudensing, R. (2019). The Texas Drilling Boom and Local Human Capital Investment. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics. 51(02), 199-218.
- Palma, M. A., Johnson, M. D., & Anderson, D. P. (2019). The effects of experience versus description of attributes on willingness-to-pay for beefsteaks. Agricultural Economics. 50(2), 129-137.
- Kassas, B., Palma, M. A., & Anderson, D. P. (2018). Fine-tuning willingness-to-pay estimates in second price auctions for market goods. Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics. 77, 50-61.
- Baber, J. R., Sawyer, J. E., Anderson, D. P., Richardson, J. W., & Wickersham, T. A. (2016). 029 An Economic Comparison between Limit-Fed and Conventional Cow-Calf Production Systems During Periods of Reduced Forage Availability. Journal of Animal Science. 95(suppl_1), 14-14.
- Anderson, D. P. (2010). Impact of reduced federal and public land grazing on viability of the US sheep industry. JOURNAL OF DAIRY SCIENCE. 93, 518-519.
- Herbst, B. K., Anderson, D. P., Outlaw, J. L., & Richardson, J. W. (2009). "Potential Ramifications of the EPA Dairy Cow Tax.". JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 34(3), 551-551.
- Herbst, B. K., Richardson, J. W., Outlaw, J. L., Anderson, D. P., & Brown, D. S. (2008). "Comparison of MILC: Current Law vs. 2008 Senate Farm Bill Proposal.". JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 33(3), 497-497.
- Anderson, D. P., Smith, E. G., Richardson, J. W., & Outlaw, J. L. (2001). Evaluating a marketing loan program for wool and mohair.. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 26(2), 572-572.
- Beef Prices Will Stay High AM 740 KTRH NewsRadio July 2, 2021
- From restauranteurs to hungry people, a chicken shortage is impacting everyone's wallets KCEN-TV June 22, 2021
- Turkey Supplies Down, Prices Up Amid Holiday Uncertainty Texas A&M Today November 13, 2020
- Turkey supplies down, prices up amid holiday uncertainty AgriLife Today November 3, 2020
- Texas A&M AgriLife organizes veterinarian network, mentoring program North Texas e-News October 20, 2020
- Parish, Casey Joe (2019-12). Measuring Basis Volatility in Hard Red Winter Wheat Markets. (Master's Thesis)
- Parish, Casey Joe (2019-11). Measuring Basis Volatility in Hard Red Winter Wheat Markets. (Master's Thesis)
- Martinez, Charles Canuto (2019-12). ESSAYS ON ANALYZING ECONOMICS IN LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION AND MEAT PRICE RELATIONSHIPS. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Martinez, Charles Canuto (2019-11). ESSAYS ON ANALYZING ECONOMICS IN LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION AND MEAT PRICE RELATIONSHIPS. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Porter, Levin Wade (2019-05). Comparing Agriculture Real Estate Investment Trusts and Direct Agricultural Land Investments. (Master's Thesis)