Our laboratory conducts research in (1) the roles of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) in growth and metastasis of cancer and application of MSCs for cancer treatment; (2) Molecular cues for regeneration of salivary glands; and (3) Molecular cues for development and regeneration of tooth root/periodontal tissues.
- University of Pennsylvania - (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2008
- University of Aberdeen - (Aberdeen, United Kingdom), Postdoctoral Training 2005
- University of Dundee - (Dundee, United Kingdom), Postdoctoral Training 2003
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Fourth Military Medical University - (Xi'an, Shaanxi, China) 2002
- M.S. in Immunology, Fourth Military Medical University - (Xi'an, Shaanxi, China) 1998
- B.M. in Clinical Medicine, Fourth Military Medical University - (Xi'an, Shaanxi, China) 1995
- Zhao, Q., Gregory, C. A., Lee, R. H., Reger, R. L., Qin, L., Hai, B. o., ... Liu, F. (2015). MSCs derived from iPSCs with a modified protocol are tumor-tropic but have much less potential to promote tumors than bone marrow MSCs. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES. 112(2), 530-535.
- Gaillard, D., Xu, M., Liu, F., Millar, S. E., & Barlow, L. A. (2015). beta-Catenin Signaling Biases Multipotent Lingual Epithelial Progenitors to Differentiate and Acquire Specific Taste Cell Fates. PLoS Genetics. 11(5), e1005208-e1005208.
- Liu, F., & Wang, S. (2014). Molecular cues for development and regeneration of salivary glands. HISTOLOGY AND HISTOPATHOLOGY. 29(3), 305-312.
- Hai, B. o., Qin, L., Yang, Z., Zhao, Q., Shangguan, L., Ti, X., ... Liu, F. (2014). Transient Activation of Hedgehog Pathway Rescued Irradiation-Induced Hyposalivation by Preserving Salivary Stem/Progenitor Cells and Parasympathetic Innervation. Clinical Cancer Research. 20(1), 140-150.
- Yang, Z., Hai, B. o., Qin, L., Ti, X., Shangguan, L., Zhao, Y., ... Liu, F. (2013). Cessation of Epithelial Bmp Signaling Switches the Differentiation of Crown Epithelia to the Root Lineage in a beta-Catenin-Dependent Manner. Mol Cell Biol. 33(23), 4732-4744.
- Liu, F. (2012). Functional Restoration of Salivary Glands After Radiotherapy: Roles of Wnt and Hedgehog Pathways. Hayat, M. A. (Eds.), Stem Cells and Cancer Stem Cells, Volume 8. (pp. 287-295). Springer Netherlands.