Our laboratory conducts research in (1) the roles of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) in growth and metastasis of cancer and application of MSCs for cancer treatment; (2) Molecular cues for regeneration of salivary glands; and (3) Molecular cues for development and regeneration of tooth root/periodontal tissues.
- University of Pennsylvania - (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2008
- University of Aberdeen - (Aberdeen, United Kingdom), Postdoctoral Training 2005
- University of Dundee - (Dundee, United Kingdom), Postdoctoral Training 2003
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Fourth Military Medical University - (Xi'an, Shaanxi, China) 2002
- M.S. in Immunology, Fourth Military Medical University - (Xi'an, Shaanxi, China) 1998
- B.M. in Clinical Medicine, Fourth Military Medical University - (Xi'an, Shaanxi, China) 1995
- Zhao, Q., Zhang, L., Hai, B. o., Wang, J., Baetge, C. L., Deveau, M. A., ... Liu, F. (2020). Transient Activation of the Hedgehog-Gli Pathway Rescues Radiotherapy-Induced Dry Mouth via Recovering Salivary Gland Resident Macrophages. CANCER RESEARCH. 80(24), 5531-5542.
- Zhao, Q., Hai, B. o., Zhang, X., Xu, J., Koehler, B., & Liu, F. (2019). Biomimetic nanovesicles made from iPS cell-derived mesenchymal stem cells for targeted therapy of triple-negative breast cancer. Nanomedicine Nanotechnology Biology and Medicine. 24, 102146-102146.
- Xu, M., Horrell, J., Snitow, M., Cui, J., Gochnauer, H., Syrett, C. M., ... Millar, S. E. (2017). WNT10A mutation causes ectodermal dysplasia by impairing progenitor cell proliferation and KLF4-mediated differentiation. Nature Communications. 8(1), 15397.
- Gaillard, D., Xu, M., Liu, F., Millar, S. E., & Barlow, L. A. (2015). β-Catenin Signaling Biases Multipotent Lingual Epithelial Progenitors to Differentiate and Acquire Specific Taste Cell Fates. PLOS Genetics. 11(5), e1005208-e1005208.
- Zhao, Q., Gregory, C. A., Lee, R. H., Reger, R. L., Qin, L., Hai, B. o., ... Liu, F. (2014). MSCs derived from iPSCs with a modified protocol are tumor-tropic but have much less potential to promote tumors than bone marrow MSCs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 112(2), 530-535.
- Liu, F. (2012). Functional Restoration of Salivary Glands After Radiotherapy: Roles of Wnt and Hedgehog Pathways. Hayat, M. A. (Eds.), Stem Cells and Cancer Stem Cells, Volume 8. (pp. 287-295). Springer Netherlands.