Dr. Xinyue Ye is Harold Adams Endowed Professor on Interdisciplinary Built Environment Science Research, Associate Professor of Stellar Faculty Provost Target Hire for Urban Computing at Texas A&M University, where he directs Urban Data Science Lab. With the career experience in urban planning, economic geography, geographic information system, and computational science, his research focuses on geospatial artificial intelligence, big data, smart cities, and urban computing. Dr. Ye models the space-time perspective of socioeconomic inequality and human dynamics for applications in various domains, such as economic development, disaster response, transportation and land use, public health and urban crime. He was the elected chair of the American Association of Geographers (AAG)'s Regional Development and Planning Specialty Group, co-chair of Asian Geography Specialty Group and chair of China Specialty Group. He also served as President of the International Association of Chinese Professionals in Geographic Information Science. He won the national first-place research award from University Economic Development Association in 2011 and received the Regional Development and Planning emerging scholar award from AAG in 2012. He was the recipient of annual research awards from both computational science (New Jersey Institute of Technology) and Geography (Kent State University). His work has been funded by National Science Foundation, National Institute of Justice, Department of Commerce, and Department of Energy.
- Ye, X., Du, J., & Ye, Y. u. (2022). MasterplanGAN: Facilitating the smart rendering of urban master plans via generative adversarial networks. Environment and Planning B: Urban Analytics and City Science. 49(3), 794-814.
- Lee, C., Newman, G., Jourdan, D., Ye, X., & Zandt, S. V (2022). Natural Experiments in Planning Research. Journal of Planning Education and Research. 42(1), 6-8.
- Song, Y., Ning, H., Ye, X., Chandana, D., & Wang, S (2022). Analyze the usage of urban greenways through social media images and computer vision. Environment and Planning B: Urban Analytics and City Science. 239980832110646-239980832110646.
- Li, Y. i., Wang, S., Wang, W., Nguyen, T. N., Wang, Y., & Ye, X. (2022). Rap4DQ: Learning to recommend relevant API documentation for developer questions. Empirical Software Engineering. 27(1), 23.
- Ning, H., Ye, X., Chen, Z., Liu, T., & Cao, T. (2022). Sidewalk extraction using aerial and street view images. Environment and Planning B: Urban Analytics and City Science. 49(1), 7-22.
- Ye, X (2022). Socio-spatial Analytics. Encyclopedia of Big Data. 856-858. Springer International Publishing.
- Ye, X (2022). Transportation Visualization. Encyclopedia of Big Data. 931-932. Springer International Publishing.
- Peng, Q., & Ye, X. (2021). Research Trends in Social Media/Big Data with the Emphasis on Data Collection and Data Management: A Bibliometric Analysis. Human Dynamics in Smart Cities. 47-63. Springer International Publishing.
- Chen, Z., & Ye, X. (2020). Modelling Spatial Information Diffusion. Studies in Computational Intelligence. Complex Networks and Their Applications VIII. 337-348. Springer International Publishing.
- Ye, X., Zhao, B. o., Nguyen, T. H., & Wang, S. (2020). Social Media and Social Awareness. Manual of Digital Earth. 425-440. Springer Singapore.
- Hu, H., Phan, N., Ye, X., Jin, R., Ding, K., Dou, D., & Vo, H. T. (2019). DrugTracker. Proceedings of the 27th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems, SIGSPATIAL '19: 27th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems. 564-567.
- AL-Dohuki, S., Kamw, F., Zhao, Y. e., Ye, X., Yang, J., & Jamonnak, S. (2019). An Open Source TrajAnalytics Software for Modeling, Transformation and Visualization of Urban Trajectory Data. 2019 IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference (ITSC), 2019 IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference - ITSC. 00, 150-155.
- Jiang, Y., Li, Z., & Ye, X. (2019). Measuring Inter-city Network Using Digital Footprints from Twitter Users. Proceedings of the 2nd ACM SIGSPATIAL Workshop on Prediction of Human Mobility, SIGSPATIAL '18: 26th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems. 25-31.
- Zhai, S., Song, G., Ye, X., Yu, F., & He, N. (2017). Assessment of drought occurrence in Bei-bu wheat districts, China between 1960 and 2012. 2017 25th International Conference on Geoinformatics, 2017 25th International Conference on Geoinformatics. 1-5.
Repository Documents / Preprints8
- Li, Z., Huang, X., Hu, T., Ning, H., Ye, X., & Li, X (2021). ODT FLOW: A Scalable Platform for Extracting, Analyzing, and Sharing Multi-source Multi-scale Human Mobility.
- Li, Z., Huang, X., Ye, X., Jiang, Y., Yago, M., Ning, H., Hodgson, M. E., & Li, X. (2021). Measuring Global Multi-Scale Place Connectivity using Geotagged Social Media Data.
- Li, Z., Huang, X., Ye, X., Jiang, Y., Yago, M., Ning, H., Hodgson, M. E., & Li, X. (2021). Measuring Place Connectivity Using Big Social Media Data..
- Li, Z., Huang, X., Ye, X., & Li, X. (2020). ODT Flow Explorer: Extract, Query, and Visualize Human Mobility..
- Huang, X., Li, Z., Jiang, Y., Ye, X., Deng, C., Zhang, J., & Li, X. (2020). The characteristics of multi-source mobility datasets and how they reveal the luxury nature of social distancing in the U.S. during the COVID-19 pandemic.