- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Division of Research
- Technical Director, QWE, Texas A&M University at Qatar, Texas A&M University
- Professor, Civil Engineering, College of Engineering
- Professor, Chemical Engineering (Qatar), Texas A&M University at Qatar
Dr. Abdel-Wahab's primary focus is on chemical and physical processes associated with treatment of water and wastewater and solar-powered photoelectrochemical processes for carobon doixide reduction and contaminants degradation. This work includes discovery and development of new classes of treatment processes. It includes utilization of solar energy for photo-electrochemical conversion of CO2 into useful fuel, inland desalination with zero liquid discharge, reactive adsorption of heavey metas onto iron sulfide nanoparticles, development of innovative extensions of lime softening for removal of a wide range of contaminants from recirculating cooling water and brine concentrate in zero liquid discharge systems, advanced oxidation processes, advanced reduction processes, electrocoagulation; and some of the only research conducted on applying solid solution theory to water and wastewater treatment. He is also involved in developing reactive transport computational tools for environmental impact assessment and for prediction of chemical behavior in aquatic systems.
- Badreldin, A., Imam, M. D., Wubulikasimu, Y., Elsaid, K., Abusrafa, A. E., Balbuena, P. B., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2021). Surface microenvironment engineering of black V2O5 nanostructures for visible light photodegradation of methylene blue. JOURNAL OF ALLOYS AND COMPOUNDS. 871, 159615-159615.
- Badreldin, A., Zakaria, Y., Mansour, S., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2021). Surface treatment-controlled solvothermal synthesis of highly active reduced 1D titania with heterojunctioned carbon allotrope. Emergent Materials. 4(2), 389-402.
- Badreldin, A., Abdel-Wahab, A., & Balbuena, P. B. (2020). Local Surface Modulation Activates Metal Oxide Electrocatalyst for Hydrogen Evolution: Synthesis, Characterization, and DFT Study of Novel Black ZnO. ACS Applied Energy Materials. 3(11), 10590-10599.
- Badreldin, A., Abusrafa, A. E., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2020). Oxygen-deficient perovskites for oxygen evolution reaction in alkaline media: a review. Emergent Materials. 3(5), 567-590.
- Ullattil, S. G., Jabeen Fatima, M. J., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2020). Defect minimized Ag-ZnO microneedles for photocatalysis. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 27(29), 37036-37043.
- Lee, C., Han, D. S., Yoon, S. H., Park, S. H., Abdel-Wahab, A. I., & Batchelor, B. (2017). Effect of Anions on Electrochemical Degradation of Perchlorate in water Using Zero-valent Titanium. Taylor, J. C. (Eds.), Advances in Chemistry Research. Volume 34. (pp. 171-192). Nova Science Publishers.
- Han, D. S., Orillano, M., Duan, Y., Batchelor, B., Park, H., Hilal, N., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2017). Effect of anions on removal of mercury(II) using fes-supported crossflow ultrafiltration. Ultrafiltration: Methods, Applications and Insights. (pp. 129-152).
- Han, D. S., Kim, E. J., Batchelor, B., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2013). Sorption of mercury(II) to synthesized pyrite (FeS
2) and stabilization via surface reaction. Pyrite: Synthesis, Characterization and Uses. (pp. 93-122).
- Elsaid, K., Bensalah, N., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2012). Inland Desalination: Potentials and Challenges. Nawaz, Z. (Eds.), Advances in Chemical Engineering. (pp. 449-480). InTech.
- Mokhatab, S., & Poe, W. A. (2012). Chapter 19 Environmental Aspects of the Natural Gas Supply Chain. Mokhatab, S., & Poe, W. A. (Eds.), Handbook of Natural Gas Transmission and Processing. (pp. 619-678). Elsevier.
- Botlaguduru, V., Batchelor, B., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2013). Bromate removal by sulfite-UV advanced reduction process.
- Sfaksi, Z., Azzouz, N., & Abdelwahab, A. (2011). Use of Cork Waste as Biosorbent for Hexavalent Chromium. SMART '13: SMART MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES. 324, 497-500.
- Shamrukh, M., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2011). Water Pollution and Riverbank Filtration for Water Supply Along River Nile, Egypt. RIVERBANK FILTRATION FOR WATER SECURITY IN DESERT COUNTRIES. 103, 5-28.
- Farhat, K. K., Nounou, M. N., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2008). Sensitivity analysis of adsorption isotherms subject to measurement noise in the data.
- Abdel-Wahab, A., Linke, P., El-Halwagi, M. M., Alfadala, H., Batchelor, B., & Al-Ansi, M. (2008). Towards the sustainable use of seawater for process cooling.
- Siddiqui, Ameen Ahmad (2020-08). Pressure Retarded Osmosis for Energy Recovery from High Salinity Waters. (Master's Thesis)
- Badreldin, Ahmed Sherif (2019-08). Optimized Design and Synthesis of Photocatalytic Modified Black Titania for Water Treatment. (Master's Thesis)
- Manzoor, Husnain (2019-05). Simulation of Full-Scale Pressure Retarded Osmosis Processes. (Master's Thesis)
- Osman, Yossra (2019-05). An Experimental Investigation of Improved Recovery in Fractured Carbonate Samples Following Foam Flooding. (Master's Thesis)
- Abd, Abdul Salam (2018-05). Analytical and Numerical Investigation of Spontaneous Imbibition: A Sensitivity Analysis on the Effect of Rock Properties and Boundary Conditions. (Master's Thesis)