Dr. Abdel-Wahab's primary focus is on chemical and physical processes associated with treatment of water and wastewater and solar-powered photoelectrochemical processes for carobon doixide reduction and contaminants degradation. This work includes discovery and development of new classes of treatment processes. It includes utilization of solar energy for photo-electrochemical conversion of CO2 into useful fuel, inland desalination with zero liquid discharge, reactive adsorption of heavey metas onto iron sulfide nanoparticles, development of innovative extensions of lime softening for removal of a wide range of contaminants from recirculating cooling water and brine concentrate in zero liquid discharge systems, advanced oxidation processes, advanced reduction processes, electrocoagulation; and some of the only research conducted on applying solid solution theory to water and wastewater treatment. He is also involved in developing reactive transport computational tools for environmental impact assessment and for prediction of chemical behavior in aquatic systems.
- Ullattil, S. G., Jabeen Fatima, M. J., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2020). Defect minimized Ag-ZnO microneedles for photocatalysis. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 1-8.
- Jung, B., Deng, W., Li, Y., Batchelor, B., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2020). Simulated solar light-driven photocatalytic degradation of trichloroethylene in water using BiOBr promoted by sulfite addition. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES EUROPE. 32(1),
- Yoon, S. H., Kang, U., Park, H., Abdel-Wahab, A., & Han, D. S. (2019). Computational density functional theory study on the selective conversion of CO2 to formate on homogeneously and heterogeneously mixed CuFeO2 and CuO surfaces. Catalysis Today. 335, 345-353.
- El-Ghenymy, A., Alsheyab, M., Khodary, A., Sirés, I., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2019). Corrosion behavior of pure titanium anodes in saline medium and their performance for humic acid removal by electrocoagulation.. CHEMOSPHERE. 246, 125674-125674.
- Gonzales, R. R., Park, M. J., Bae, T., Yang, Y., Abdel-Wahab, A., Phuntsho, S., & Shon, H. K. (2019). Melamine-based covalent organic framework-incorporated thin film nanocomposite membrane for enhanced osmotic power generation. DESALINATION. 459, 10-19.
- Lee, C., Han, D. S., Yoon, S. H., Park, S. H., Abdel-Wahab, A. I., & Batchelor, B. (2017). Effect of Anions on Electrochemical Degradation of Perchlorate in water Using Zero-valent Titanium. Taylor, J. C. (Eds.), Advances in Chemistry Research. Volume 34. (pp. 171-192). Nova Science Publishers.
- Han, D. S., Orillano, M., Duan, Y., Batchelor, B., Park, H., Hilal, N., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2017). Effect of anions on removal of mercury(II) using fes-supported crossflow ultrafiltration. Ultrafiltration: Methods, Applications and Insights. (pp. 129-152).
- Han, D. S., Kim, E. J., Batchelor, B., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2013). Sorption of mercury(II) to synthesized pyrite (FeS
2) and stabilization via surface reaction. Pyrite: Synthesis, Characterization and Uses. (pp. 93-122).
- Mokhatab, S., & Poe, W. A. (2012). Environmental Aspects of the Natural Gas Supply Chain. Mokhatab, S., & Poe, W. A. (Eds.), Handbook of Natural Gas Transmission and Processing. (pp. 619-678). Elsevier.
- Elsaid, K., Bensalah, N., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2012). Inland Desalination: Potentials and Challenges. Nawaz, Z. (Eds.), Advances in Chemical Engineering. (pp. 449-480). InTech.
- Botlaguduru, V., Batchelor, B., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2013). Bromate removal by sulfite-UV advanced reduction process.
- Sfaksi, Z., Azzouz, N., & Abdelwahab, A. (2011). Use of cork waste as biosorbent for hexavalent chromium. SMART '13: SMART MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES. 324, 497-500.
- Shamrukh, M., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2011). Water Pollution and Riverbank Filtration for Water Supply Along River Nile, Egypt. RIVERBANK FILTRATION FOR WATER SECURITY IN DESERT COUNTRIES. 103, 5-+.
- Farhat, K. K., Nounou, M. N., & Abdel-Wahab, A. (2008). Sensitivity analysis of adsorption isotherms subject to measurement noise in the data.
- Abdel-Wahab, A., Linke, P., El-Halwagi, M. M., Alfadala, H., Batchelor, B., & Al-Ansi, M. (2008). Towards the sustainable use of seawater for process cooling.
- Abd, Abdul Salam (2018-05). Analytical and Numerical Investigation of Spontaneous Imbibition: A Sensitivity Analysis on the Effect of Rock Properties and Boundary Conditions. (Master's Thesis)
- Rahman, Fahim-Bin-Abdur (2017-08). Modeling of Pressure Retarded Osmosis Using the Q-Electrolattice Equation of State. (Master's Thesis)
- Safan, Aya Sabry Abdelmoneim Ahmed (2016-08). Reductive Precipitation of Selenite in Water Using Sodium Sulfide. (Master's Thesis)
- Elshorafa, Rand Essam Fayez Yousf (2016-08). Constructing Solar Energy Storage Material Using TiO2-WO3 Nanocomposite and Its Application to Chromium Reduction in Water. (Master's Thesis)
- Duan, Yuhang (2016-05). Removal of Mercury from Water by a Reactive Adsorbent-Pyrite. (Doctoral Dissertation)