- Director of Gas and Fuels Research Center, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES)
- Chair of the ORYX GTL Gas-to-Liquid Technology Excellence Program, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute
- Professor, Chemical Engineering (Qatar), Texas A&M University at Qatar
- Professor, Petroleum Engineering (Qatar), Texas A&M University at Qatar
Dr. Elbashir is a professor at Texas A&M University at Qatar and the Director of the Fuel Research Center of Texas A&M University; a major research center that involves 19 faculty members from both the Qatar and College Station campuses of Texas A&M University. His research activities is focused on design of reactors and catalysts for Gas-to-Liquid (GTL) technology, petrochemical conversions, and CO2 utilization. In addition, Dr. Elbashir is the Director of Texas A&M Qatar Fuel Characterization Lab, a research lab that is supporting major research activities in the advancements of synthetic fuels and chemicals obtained from natural gas in collaboration with GE(Oil& Gas); OryxGTL; and Shell and world leading academic institutions.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Auburn University - (Auburn, Alabama, United States) 2004
- M.E. in Chemical Engineering, University of Technology Malaysia - (Johor Bahru, Malaysia) 1998
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering (Honors), University of Khartoum - (Khartoum, Khartoum, Sudan) 1994
- Afzal, S., Prakash, A. V., Littlewood, P., Marks, T. J., Weitz, E., Stair, P. C., & Elbashir, N. O. (2020). Controlling the rate of change of Ni dispersion in commercial catalyst by ALD overcoat during dry reforming of methane. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY. 45(23), 12835-12848.
- Yoon, S. H., Yu, C., Han, A., Park, H., Elbashir, N., & Han, D. S. (2019). Computational characterization of nitrogen-doped carbon nanotube functionalized by Fe adatom and Fe substituent for oxygen reduction reaction. Applied Surface Science. 485, 342-352.
- Abusrafa, A. E., Challiwala, M. S., Choudhury, H. A., Wilhite, B. A., & Elbashir, N. O. (2019). Experimental verification of 2-dimensional computational fluid dynamics modeling of supercritical fluids Fischer Tropsch reactor bed. Catalysis Today.
- Choudhury, H. A., Cheng, X., Afzal, S., Prakash, A. V., Tatarchuk, B. J., & Elbashir, N. O. (2019). Understanding the deactivation process of a microfibrous entrapped cobalt catalyst in supercritical fluid Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis. Catalysis Today.
- Kalakul, S., Zhang, L., Fang, Z., Choudhury, H. A., Intikhab, S., Elbashir, N., Eden, M. R., & Gani, R. (2018). Computer aided chemical product design - ProCAPD and tailor-made blended products. Computers and Chemical Engineering. 116, 37-55.
- Alsuhaibani, A. S., Afzal, S., Challiwala, M., Elbashir, N. O., & El-Halwagi, M. M. (2019). PROCESS SYSTEMS ENGINEERING AND CATALYSIS: A COLLABORATIVE APPROACH FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHEMICAL PROCESSES. 20TH EUROPEAN SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER AIDED PROCESS ENGINEERING. Computer Aided Chemical Engineering. (pp. 409-414). Elsevier.
- Kalakul, S., Zhang, L., Choudhury, H. A., Elbashir, N. O., Eden, M. R., & Gani, R. (2018). ProCAPD – A Computer-Aided Model-Based Tool for Chemical Product Design and Analysis. Computer Aided Chemical Engineering. (pp. 469-474).
- Challiwala, M. S., Ghouri, M. M., Sengupta, D., El-Halwagi, M. M., & Elbashir, N. O. (2017). A Process Integration Approach to the Optimization of CO2 Utilization via Tr-Reforming of Methane. 20TH EUROPEAN SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER AIDED PROCESS ENGINEERING. Computer Aided Chemical Engineering. (pp. 1993-1998). Elsevier.
- Mahgerefteh, H., Porter, R., Brown, S., Martynov, S., Collard, A., Fairweather, M., ... Shah, N. (2017). Carbon capture: Whole system experimental and theoretical modeling investigation of the optimal CO
2stream composition in the carbon capture and sequestration chain. The Water-Food-Energy Nexus: Processes, Technologies, and Challenges. (pp. 553-602). CRC Press.
- Afzal, S., Sengupta, D., El-Halwagi, M. M., & Elbashir, N. (2017). Minimizing CO2 emissions for syngas production units using Dry Reforming of Methane. 20TH EUROPEAN SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER AIDED PROCESS ENGINEERING. Computer Aided Chemical Engineering. (pp. 2617-2622). Elsevier.
- Challiwala, M. S., Choudhury, H. A., Chatla, A., Sengupta, D., El-Halwagi, M. M., & Elbashir, N. (2019). Dry reforming of methane: An alternative Option for Carbon Capture. 120.
- Afcal, S., Prakash, A., & Elbashir, N. (2018). Coking and sintering resistance of ALD catalyst for dry reforming of methane. 2.
- El-Naas, M. H., Zacharia, R., Elbashir, N., Zhang, Z., & Dindoruk, B. (2018). Special issue (GPS, 2016): The Fifth International Gas Processing Symposium (Qatar). JOURNAL OF NATURAL GAS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. 55, 563-564.
- Hussain, R., & Elbashir, N. O. (2015). Development of a multi-scale modeling approach for fixed-bed fischer tropsch reactor: Modeling and experimental verification. 7-8.
- Intikhab, S., Kalakul, S., Choudhury, H., Gani, R., & Elbashir, N. (2015). Systematic approach to design tailor made fuel blends that meets ASTM standards. 5-12.
- Elbashir, N. O., & Roberts, C. B. (2004). Selective control of hydrocarbon product distribution in supercritical phase Fischer-Tropsch synthesis.. ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY. U177-U178.
- Alsuhaibani, Abdulrahman Saleh A (2018-12). Optimal Selection and Design of a Methanol Process with Enhanced CO2 Utilization. (Master's Thesis)
- Katbeh, Tala (2017-12). An Energy Integrated Approach to Design Supercritical Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis Products Separation and Solvent Recovery System. (Master's Thesis)
- Kwak, Gihong (2016-08). A Systematic Approach to Optimize the Cost of Carbon Integration Network. (Master's Thesis)
- Ibrahim, Abdulhaqq Ameen (2016-08). Effect of Pore Size Distribution on Multiphase Equilibrium of Fluids Confined in Porous Media. (Master's Thesis)
- Shahin, Mostafa Mohamed Mohamed Ibrahim (2016-05). GTL Diesel Way Forward to Improve Properties by Separating Light Ends and Formulating the Specifications. (Master's Thesis)