Cheryl J. Craig is a Professor, an Endowed Chair of Urban Education and the Program Lead for Technology and Teacher Education in the Department of Teaching, Learning and Culture, Texas A&M University. She is an American Educational Research Association (AERA) Fellow, a recipient of the AERA Division B (Curriculum) Outstanding Lifetime Career Award, a winner of the AERA Division K (Teaching & Teacher Education) Legacy Award and has been honored with AERA's Michael Huberman Award for Outstanding Contributions to Understanding the Lives of Teachers. She additionally was awarded the AERA Exemplary Research in Teaching and Teacher Education in 2021. Craig also has been honored with the International Study Association on Teachers and Teaching STAR Award for Significant and Exemplary Contributions through Research, Teaching and Professional Service in the International Field of Teaching and Teacher Education. Being an AERA Fellow and an ISATT STAR awardee, coupled with her many other recognitions (including KDP Teacher of the Year) make her one of the most distinguished professors in teaching and teacher education and the general field of education today. Further proof is that she is the only professor in AERA history to be honored with the Division K Legacy Award and Division K Exemplary Research Award in the same year (2021).
- University of Toronto - (Toronto, Ontario, Canada), Postdoctoral Training 1994
- Ph.D. in , University of Alberta - (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) 1992
- B.E. in , Brandon University - (Brandon, Manitoba, Canada) 1985
- M.Ed. in , University of Calgary - (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) 1980
- B.A. in History; English/Music, Brandon University - (Brandon, Manitoba, Canada) 1976
- Hill-Jackson, V., Ladson-Billings, G., & Craig, C. J. (2022). Teacher Education and “Climate Change”: In Navigating Multiple Pandemics, Is the Field Forever Altered?. Journal of Teacher Education. 73(1), 5-7.
- Li, J., & Craig, C. J. (2021). A beginning teacher’s living of counter stories in a high-needs school in rural China. Research Papers in Education. 1-20.
- Craig, C. J., Li, J., & Kelley, M. (2021). ‘Charting waters of New Seas’: the scholarly contributions of Elliot Eisner. Journal of Curriculum Studies. 1-18.
- Craig, C. J. (2020). Fish Jumps Over the Dragon Gate:An Eastern Image of a Western Scholar’s Career Trajectory. Research Papers in Education. 35(6), 722-745.
- Zhong, L., & Craig, C. (2020). A narrative inquiry into the cultivation of self and identity of three novice teachers in Chinese colleges---through the evolution of an online knowledge community. Journal of Education for Teaching. 46(5), 646-663.
- Craig, C. J. (2020). Curriculum Making, Reciprocal Learning, and the Best-Loved Self. Palgrave MacMillan.
- Craig, C. J., Turchi, L., & McDonald, D. M. (2020). Cross-Disciplinary, Cross-Institutional Collaboration in Teacher Education Cases of Learning and Leading. Palgrave MacMillan.
- Clift, R. T., Loughran, J., Mills, G. E., & Craig, C. J. (2015). Inside the Role of Dean. Routledge.
- Craig, C. J. (2003). Narrative Inquiries of School Reform Storied Lives, Storied Landscapes, Storied Metaphors. IAP.
- Craig, C. J., & Auzenne-Curl, C. T. (2021). Community, Identity, and Change: An Inquiry into Professional Development Partnerships for Literacy Education in Urban Context. Advances in Research on Teaching. Advances in Research on Teaching. 1-18. Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Martindell, P. T., Craig, C. J., & Auzenne-Curl, C. T. (2021). Reflective Conversation on the Value of Longevity as Collaborators in Education. Advances in Research on Teaching. Advances in Research on Teaching. 153-167. Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Evans, P. K., Stokes, D. W., & Craig, C. J. (2021). A Narrative Inquiry into Teaching Physics as Inquiry: One Teacher's Journey. Advances in Research on Teaching. Preparing Teachers to Teach the STEM Disciplines in America’s Urban Schools. 41-64. Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Stokes, D. W., Evans, P. K., & Craig, C. J. (2021). Collaboration between a Physics Professor and a Physics Teacher/Teacher Educator. Advances in Research on Teaching. Preparing Teachers to Teach the STEM Disciplines in America’s Urban Schools. 27-40. Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Evans, P. K., McAlister-Shields, L., Manuel, M., Stokes, D. W., Nguyen, H. a., & Craig, C. J. (2021). Examining the Impact of Informal Experiences on Preservice Teachers' Self-efficacy. Advances in Research on Teaching. Preparing Teachers to Teach the STEM Disciplines in America’s Urban Schools. 85-108. Emerald Publishing Limited.
- (2011). Cultivating Curious and Creative Minds The Role of Teachers and Teacher Educators. R&L Education.
- (2013). From Teacher Thinking to Teachers and Teaching The Evolution of a Research Community. Emerald Group Publishing.
- (2016). International Handbook of Teacher Education. Springer.
- Etchells, Matthew James (2018-12). How Pre-Service Teachers Make Sense and Form Professional Identities as Teachers During Initial Field Placement in an Alternative and Discipline Alternative Education Placement. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Li, Jing (2018-08). Narrative Inquiries into Teachers' Fostering Their Best-Loved Selves in Rural China. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhu, Gang (2018-08). Narrative Inquiry of Chinese and American Student Teachers' Professional Identities in Their Teaching Practicums: A Story Constellations Approach. (Doctoral Dissertation)