Our research covers a wide spectrum of topics related to the transport, characterization, and removal of environmental colloids. We collaborate synergistically with microbiologists, chemical engineers, mathematicians, medical doctors, geologists, and other environmental engineers and scientists. In particular, we investigate two seemingly disparate topics; water purification (treatment of drinking water, industrial and municipal wastewater including hydraulic fracturing water, etc.) and tropospheric aerosols.
- Wong, M. Y., Mahowald, N. M., Marino, R., Williams, E. R., Chellam, S., & Howarth, R. W. (2020). Natural atmospheric deposition of molybdenum: a global model and implications for tropical forests. BIOGEOCHEMISTRY. 149(2), 159-174.
- Cabral-Romero, C., Solís-Soto, J. M., Sánchez-Pérez, Y., Pineda-Aguilar, N., Meester, I., Pérez-Carrillo, E., ... García-Cuéllar, C. M. (2020). Antitumor activity of a hydrogel loaded with lipophilic bismuth nanoparticles on cervical, prostate, and colon human cancer cells.. Anti-Cancer Drugs. 31(3), 251-259.
- Nadella, M., Sharma, R., & Chellam, S. (2020). Fit-for-purpose treatment of produced water with iron and polymeric coagulant for reuse in hydraulic fracturing: Temperature effects on aggregation and high-rate sedimentation. Water Research. 170, 115330-115330.
- Gupta, K., & Chellam, S. (2020). Contributions of surface and pore deposition to (ir)reversible fouling during constant flux microfiltration of secondary municipal wastewater effluent. JOURNAL OF MEMBRANE SCIENCE. 610, 118231-118231.
- Martínez-Pérez, F., García-Cuellar, C. M., Hernandez-Delgadillo, R., Zaragoza-Magaña, V., Sánchez-Pérez, Y., Meester, I., ... Cabral-Romero, C. (2019). Comparative Study of Antitumor Activity between Lipophilic Bismuth Nanoparticles (BisBAL NPs) and Chlorhexidine on Human Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Journal of Nanomaterials. 2019, 1-8.
- Badireddy, A. R., & Chellam, S. (2014). Antibacterial and antifouling properties of lipophilic bismuth compounds. Advances in Chemistry Research. (pp. 1-22).
- Chellam, S. (2013). Microfiltration. Encyclopedia of Membrane Science and Technology. (pp. 1-21). John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Chellam, S. (2005). Bromide Influence on Trihalomethane and Haloacetic Acid Formation. Water Encyclopedia. John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Chellam, S., & Kim, K. (2019). Virus control using iron electrocoagulation: Distinguishing removal and inactivation. ACS Photonics. 257,
- Gupta, K., & Chellam, S. (2018). Backwashing of hollow fiber membranes during constant flux microfiltration of secondary wastewater effluent: Modeling and mechanisms of physically irreversible fouling. ACS Photonics. 255,
- Chellam, S. (2018). Boron removal from hydraulic fracturing flowback water by chemical and electrocoagulation: Mechanisms and limitations. ACS Photonics. 255,
- Gupta, K., & Chellam, S. (2018). Constant flux microfiltration of secondary wastewater effluent: Fouling mechanisms with and without backwashing. ACS Photonics. 255,
- Elected to Board of Directors conferred by Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) - This award lasted until 2016. 2013
- Overseas Professor conferred by Anna University, Chennai - (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India) - This recognition is ongoing. 2012
- Visiting Professor conferred by Istanbul Technical University - (Istanbul, Turkey) 2011