Our research covers a wide spectrum of topics related to the transport, characterization, and removal of environmental colloids. We collaborate synergistically with microbiologists, chemical engineers, mathematicians, medical doctors, geologists, and other environmental engineers and scientists. In particular, we investigate two seemingly disparate topics; water purification (treatment of drinking water, industrial and municipal wastewater including hydraulic fracturing water, etc.) and tropospheric aerosols.
- Cabral-Romero, C., García-Cuellar, C. M., Hernandez-Delgadillo, R., Sánchez-Pérez, Y., Meester, I., Solís-Soto, J. M., Pineda-Aguilar, N., & Chellam, S. (2021). Synergistic Antitumor Activity of Gramicidin/Lipophilic Bismuth Nanoparticles (BisBAL NPs) on Human Cervical Tumor Cells. Frontiers in Nanotechnology. 3, 633604.
- Wong, M. Y., Rathod, S. D., Marino, R., Li, L., Howarth, R. W., Alastuey, A., ... Mahowald, N. M. (2021). Anthropogenic Perturbations to the Atmospheric Molybdenum Cycle. Global Biogeochemical Cycles. 35(2),
- Gupta, K., & Chellam, S. (2021). Pre-chlorination effects on fouling during microfiltration of secondary municipal wastewater effluent. Journal of Membrane Science. 620, 118969-118969.
- Kim, K., Jothikumar, N., Sen, A., Murphy, J. L., & Chellam, S. (2021). Removal and Inactivation of an Enveloped Virus Surrogate by Iron Conventional Coagulation and Electrocoagulation.. Environmental Science and Technology. 55(4), 2674-2683.
- Das, S., & Chellam, S. (2020). Estimating light-duty vehicles' contributions to ambient PM2.5 and PM10 at a near-highway urban elementary school via elemental characterization emphasizing rhodium, palladium, and platinum. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT. 747, 141268-141268.
- Badireddy, A. R., & Chellam, S. (2014). Antibacterial and antifouling properties of lipophilic bismuth compounds. Advances in Chemistry Research. (pp. 1-22).
- Chellam, S. (2013). Microfiltration. Encyclopedia of Membrane Science and Technology. (pp. 1-21). John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Chellam, S. (2005). Bromide Influence on Trihalomethane and Haloacetic Acid Formation. Water Encyclopedia. John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Chellam, S. (2019). Atmospheric chemistry of lanthanoids in Houston, Texas: Quantifying rare earths to apportion petroleum refining and African dust impacts on ambient airborne particulate. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 257,
- Chellam, S., & Kim, K. (2019). Virus control using iron electrocoagulation: Distinguishing removal and inactivation. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 257,
- Gupta, K., & Chellam, S. (2018). Backwashing of hollow fiber membranes during constant flux microfiltration of secondary wastewater effluent: Modeling and mechanisms of physically irreversible fouling. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 255,
- Chellam, S. (2018). Boron removal from hydraulic fracturing flowback water by chemical and electrocoagulation: Mechanisms and limitations. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 255,
- Gupta, K., & Chellam, S. (2018). Constant flux microfiltration of secondary wastewater effluent: Fouling mechanisms with and without backwashing. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 255,
- Elected to Board of Directors conferred by Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) - This award lasted until 2016. 2013
- Overseas Professor conferred by Anna University, Chennai - (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India) - This recognition is ongoing. 2012
- Visiting Professor conferred by Istanbul Technical University - (Istanbul, Turkey) 2011