Dr. Treadwell's primary responsibility is to provide leadership and coordination of extension educational programs by transferring new technology and the latest scientific advances in rangeland ecology and management to landowners, Extension agents, clientele, specialists, youth, and other interested parties throughout District 7 and parts of District 2, 3, and 6. Her primary research objective is to disentangle the mechanisms that drive ecosystem structure and function in order to address important natural resource management issues. The current research interests involve integrated approaches for brush management, prescribed burning, livestock grazing management, population plant ecology, and youth natural resources education.
- Ph.D. in Range Science, North Dakota State University - (Fargo, North Dakota, United States) 2013
- M.S. in Range Science, New Mexico State University - (Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States) 2010
- B.S. in Agricultural Communications and Animal Science, Utah State University - (Logan, Utah, United States) 2008
- McDaniel, T. W., Wonkka, C. L., Treadwell, M. L., & Kreuter, U. P. (2021). Factors Influencing County Commissioners’ Decisions about Burn Bans in the Southern Plains, USA. Land. 10(7), 686-686.
- Hiers, Q. A., Treadwell, M. L., Dickinson, M. B., Kavanagh, K. L., Lodge, A. G., Starns, H. D., ... Rogers, W. E. (2021). Grass bud responses to fire in a semiarid savanna system. Ecology and Evolution. 11(11), 6620-6633.
- Hoffman, J. K., Bixler, R. P., Treadwell, M. L., Coleman, L. G., McDaniel, T. W., & Kreuter, U. P. (2021). The Impact of Affective Heuristics in Decision-Making Regarding the Implementation of Prescribed Fire on Private Rangelands in the Southern Great Plains, USA. Society & Natural Resources. 34(5), 1-18.
- Russell, M. L., Vermeire, L. T., Ganguli, A. C., & Hendrickson, J. R. (2019). Fire Return Interval and Season of Fire Alter Bud Banks,. RANGELAND ECOLOGY & MANAGEMENT. 72(3), 542-550.
- Weir, J. R., Kreuter, U. P., Wonkka, C. L., Twidwell, D., Stroman, D. A., Russell, M., & Taylor, C. A. (2019). Liability and Prescribed Fire: Perception and Reality. RANGELAND ECOLOGY & MANAGEMENT. 72(3), 533-538.
- Baldwin, C., Bauman, P., Treadwell, M., Bielski, C., & Weir, J. (2019). Fire and Grasslands (MF3459).
- Brooke, C. T., & Treadwell, M. (2019). Managing Texas Juniper with Prescribed Burning (ERM-046).
- Treadwell, M., & Steffens, T. (2019). Stocking Rates: Infograph (ERM-048).
- Weir, J. R., Russell, M. L., Cram, D., Baldwin, C. E., Bauman, P., & Scasta, J. D. (2018). Wildfire: Preparing the Ranch and Farm (E-1048).
- Russell, M. L., Landers, R. Q., & Watkins, A. (2018). Native Plants for Edwards Plateau Landscapes (ERM-044).