He, Shiqing individual record
- Assistant Professor, Visualization, School of Architecture
Licia He is a generative artist and a human-computer interaction researcher. Through her research and artworks, she explores ways to record and present information around her. After receiving training in studio art, computer science, and Information Science, Licia is currently an assistant professor at the Department of Visualization, College of Architecture, Texas A&M University. She specializes in examining and supporting artistic practices through technological innovations. Her website: http://eyesofpanda.com/ displays a collection of her artworks and notes.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Information Science, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) 2021
- B.S. in Computer Science and Studio Art, Union College - (Schenectady, New York, United States) 2014
- Lee-Robbins, E., He, S., & Adar, E. (2022). Learning Objectives, Insights, and Assessments: How Specification Formats Impact Design.. IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph. 28(1), 676-685.
- He, S., & Adar, E. (2017). VizItCards: A Card-Based Toolkit for Infovis Design Education.. IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph. 23(1), 561-570.
- Chung, J., He, S., & Adar, E. (2021). The Intersection of Users, Roles, Interactions, and Technologies in Creativity Support Tools. Designing Interactive Systems Conference 2021, Designing Interactive Systems Conference 2021. 1817-1833.
- He, S., & Adar, E. (2020). Plotting with Thread. Proceedings of the 2020 ACM Designing Interactive Systems Conference, Proceedings of the 2020 ACM Designing Interactive Systems Conference. 1047-1057.
- He, S., Lin, A. Y., Adar, E., & Hecht, B. (2018). The_Tower_of_Babel.jpg: Diversity of Visual Encyclopedic Knowledge Across Wikipedia Language Editions. Proceedings of the International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media. 12(1), 102-111.
Repository Documents / Preprints1
- Lee-Robbins, E., He, S., & Adar, E. (2021). Learning Objectives, Insights, and Assessments: How Specification Formats Impact Design.
recent teaching activities