The long-term goal of my research program is to understand the interactions of Trichoderma species with pathogenic fungi as well as plant hosts to promote crop protection.
education and training
- Taylor, J. T., Mukherjee, P. K., Puckhaber, L. S., Dixit, K., Igumenova, T. I., Suh, C., Horwitz, B. A., & Kenerley, C. M. (2020). Deletion of the Trichoderma virens NRPS, Tex7, induces accumulation of the anti-cancer compound heptelidic acid. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 529(3), 672-677.
- Wang, K., Gorman, Z., Huang, P., Kenerley, C. M., & Kolomiets, M. V. (2020). Trichoderma virens colonization of maize roots triggers rapid accumulation of 12-oxophytodienoate and two ⍺-ketols in leaves as priming agents of induced systemic resistance. Plant Signaling & Behavior. 15(9), 1792187-1792187.
- Wang, K., Borrego, E. J., Kenerley, C. M., & Kolomiets, M. V. (2019). Oxylipins Other Than Jasmonic Acid Are Xylem-Resident Signals Regulating Systemic Resistance Induced by Trichoderma virens in Maize. The Plant Cell. 32(1), 166-185.
- Crutcher, F. K., Moran-Diez, M. E., Krieger, I. V., & Kenerley, C. M. (2019). Effects on hyphal morphology and development by the putative copper radical oxidase glx1 in Trichoderma virens suggest a novel role as a cell wall associated enzyme. Fungal Genetics and Biology. 131, 103245-103245.
- Malinich, E. A., Wang, K., Mukherjee, P. K., Kolomiets, M., & Kenerley, C. M. (2019). Differential expression analysis of Trichoderma virens RNA reveals a dynamic transcriptome during colonization of Zea mays roots. BMC GENOMICS. 20(1), 280.
- Vargas, W. A., & Kenerley, C. M. (2012). Carbohydrate uptake and catabolism in fungi. importance of sugar trafficking during plant-host interactions. Fungi: Types, Environmental Impact and Role in Disease. (pp. 21-39).
- Wu, H., Chakraborty, A., Li, B., & Kenerley, C. M. (2009). Formulating variable carrying capacity by exploring a resource dynamics-based feedback mechanism underlying the population growth models. Ecological Complexity. 6(4), 403-412.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Wang, Ken-Der (2018-12). Role of Maize Oxylipins in Regulating Induced Systematic Resistance Triggered by Beneficial Fungus Trichoderma Virens. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Crutcher, Frankie (2011-12). An Investigation of Two Modes of Plant Protection by the Biocontrol Agent Trichoderma virens. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Hurley, James Franklin (2009-12). Disruption of Two Gene Loci Putatively Encoding Siderophore-Producing Nonribosomal Peptide Synthetases and Characterization of Siderophore Mutants. (Master's Thesis)
- Henry, Merribeth Annette (2006-08). Characterization of Sclerotinia minor populations in Texas. (Master's Thesis)
- Djonovic, Slavica (2005-12). Role of two secreted proteins from Trichoderma virens in mycoparasitism and induction of plant resistance. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Plant Pathology & Microbiology; 2132 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2132